Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski balistic app

Been using this app for a while myself. There's another very good one called I strelok and one called I snipe. The best of the 3 for me is istrelok as it has a far bigger selection of bullets and a pile of reticles to choose from.

I love my Blackberry, but I also really miss Strelok
    I hope eventually he does it for Blackberry.

Neil.

Ballistic FTE

I find this app to be the best out of all of them its not cheap but you get what you pay for.

ATB Andy
    Last edited by Pirate hunter; 04-07-2012 at 07:08.

The Swarovski ballistic app is specifically for setting up the ballistic turret rather than giving detailed ballistic information. When Fieldsports TV came to spend a day with me last year it had just been launched and I showed how to set it all up on film (Edition no 107).

HME
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

HME,

The app details all the Swaro scopes and reticles, not just the BT.

Stan

They do it for Android now too. Luckily my home load seems to match the the factory load trajectory wise, they need to add a option to input your own values though. But it ok for nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    HME,

The app details all the Swaro scopes and reticles, not just the BT.

Stan
    I know, I was trying to point out the fact that it was Swarovski scope / reticle specific rather than a general ballistic app like FTE.

Farmer - if you can find a similar factory load listed you can input your own parameters. I have spoken to the guys in Austria about this and they are looking at it. There were some glitches in the early edition released last year but they have now been ironed out.
    Last edited by HME; 05-07-2012 at 00:33.
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Gday HME,
    When I use it on my PC I can input my handload details, but on the app I downloaded to the Iphone it seems I have to select a factory load. Am I doing it right?

If so it' s a shame you can't input your own data on the Iphone version.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scott9.3x62 View Post
    Gday HME,
    When I use it on my PC I can input my handload details, but on the app I downloaded to the Iphone it seems I have to select a factory load. Am I doing it right?

If so it' s a shame you can't input your own data on the Iphone version.
    You will need to pick a factory load that gives you a correct bullet weight, but you can then adapt that bulet to your own velocities and BC. Not ideal, but as HME says, they are looking at it and it's a pretty good tool already.

HTH
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........