Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Costs involved with reloading

Costs involved with reloading

Start up cost aside guys i'm just wondering how much it costs to reload a round? I know that it will depend on what powders, weights and caliber etc etc I have a 6.5x55 and i'm thinking of applying for a .204 and a .223. So does anyone have experence of reloading these calibers or ever worked out the average cost (time not included) of loading any of these calibers?

Thanks in advance

David

Try this link, just fill in the boxes and it should calculate it for you, insert 's values in the $ spaces the calculator won't know the difference! It all depends what price you can get your components at, however it's best to find a load that suits your rifle in components that will be readily available / easily sourced or you might have to work up new loads if you have to change/substitute components.

http://ultimatereloader.com/tools/re...ts-calculator/

Have fun

Bob

If I write my brass off at a cost of about 6p per reload, assuming about 10 loads from Lapua brass then reloading for my 308 comes in around 63p per round using Nosler Partitions that I bring in from the USA. If I was buying the bullets here then I would be up nearer the 1 per shot. I would imagine your 6.5 would be similar money.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

If one were really worry about the costs of reloading then many would be too frightened to go out and squeeze a trigger.

How many go :-

bang ................... that's a quid gone .................................. bang that's two! .

Now where is the ostrich with head shoved in the sand emoticon?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    If one were really worry about the costs of reloading then many would be too frightened to go out and squeeze a trigger.

How many go :-

bang ................... that's a quid gone .................................. bang that's two! .

Now where is the ostrich with head shoved in the sand emoticon?
    If that bothered me I wouldn't be shooting the wood pigeon and crows that are eating my cover crops with it at 46 for 20 norma!!!!! was just ticking away in the back of my mind how much I could be saving

46 for a box of 20, 230 per 100 or 2.30 each, that's just crazy. My .308 reloads work out at around 46p each, they may not be premium bullets but they do the job very nicely thank you. The kit that I use has been amassed over a very long period of time but has paid for itself many times over. I simply couldn't afford to shoot at those prices and I really enjoy my shooting.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Try this link, just fill in the boxes and it should calculate it for you, insert 's values in the $ spaces the calculator won't know the difference! It all depends what price you can get your components at, however it's best to find a load that suits your rifle in components that will be readily available / easily sourced or you might have to work up new loads if you have to change/substitute components.

http://ultimatereloader.com/tools/re...ts-calculator/

Have fun

Bob
    Nice link. Thanks.

24p each for my 22-250

29p each for my 7mm-08

Excellent.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    46 for a box of 20, 230 per 100 or 2.30 each, that's just crazy. My .308 reloads work out at around 46p each, they may not be premium bullets but they do the job very nicely thank you. The kit that I use has been amassed over a very long period of time but has paid for itself many times over. I simply couldn't afford to shoot at those prices and I really enjoy my shooting.
    I stocked up on ammo a couple of years ago, gave away a maybe 3-400 once fired cases as I didn't reload......... bad idea had no idea of how much they were worth!!!! And was pricing the ammo last week, needless to say @ 2.30 a bang I nearly fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!

Well you can see their point they have tried draconian legislation and it's failed tried bully boy tactics via the Police and licensing and that has failed so they will try to price us out.

It worked with the first licenses being price beyond the working mans pocket so they are trying again via taxes and import duty and restriction pushing up the prices more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Well you can see their point they have tried draconian legislation and it's failed tried bully boy tactics via the Police and licensing and that has failed so they will try to price us out.

It worked with the first licenses being price beyond the working mans pocket so they are trying again via taxes and import duty and restriction pushing up the prices more and more.
    When I started I would think nothing of firing 20 rounds in an outing after my stalk, check zero drop at different ranges. but these days seem to go out and most of my shots account for a beast or vermin I REALLY wished I had kept topped up before the prices crept up!!!!!