Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Power Shok

Federal Power Shok

My local gun shop told me today they cannot get Power Shok anymore, it has been replaced by Federal Fusion. I have been using it for several years and it has been reliable and consistant. Can anyone confirm if it has been discontinued?
    Has anyone used the Fusion, what's it like ?
    ATB

My old Tikka cloverleafed with Power Shoks.. I tried the fusions and the groups opened to over 2". more expensive too!

Federal Premium - Rifle Ballistics

Power Shoks listed on their website, fusion is not.

Powershok was used in my 243 until recently. A lot of carcass damage and not too hot on grouping. Changed to Winchester powershock grouping 1" comfortably with minimum support and far less damage. Would not go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    My old Tikka cloverleafed with Power Shoks.. I tried the fusions and the groups opened to over 2". more expensive too!
    And I experienced the opposite with my old Tikka!

1 1/2" - 2" with powershoks, cloverleaf with fusions.

Used them on fallow, muntjac and one red calf so far; they look like they'll be fine for the UK.

I used the 150 grain version.

Used Power Shoks and they were fine but then again that was the only round I used so didn't have much to compare them with. Local dealer ran out so I bought Sako and I wouldn't go back, groups tighter and it's marginal but I would say there is less carcass damage.

I believe that Federal 'Power Shok' (in the blue box) and Winchester 'Power Point' are the budget lines of each make.

Most of the U.S. ammo manufacturers seem to be dropping the basic stuff in favour of premium lines loaded with lead-free and 'high technology' bullets. I think Norma started the trend, and don't offer standard soft points any more. Maybe they can't match the competition from Europe like Prvi-Partizan, or are dropping these to move to more environmentally-friendly production .

The new product lines are at least 10 a box extra. Maybe it's time to start making your own.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

that's why we reload

I have always used Feds and really like the 80 grains... Tried prvi 100's the other night and although it opened up a bit wouldn't have any probs in making the swap!

Perhaps financial pressures have reached the ammunition market more than expected! The demise of one range and the release of a more expensive other.

Federal Power Shok

Quote Originally Posted by fairacre View Post
    My local gun shop told me today they cannot get Power Shok anymore, it has been replaced by Federal Fusion. I have been using it for several years and it has been reliable and consistant. Can anyone confirm if it has been discontinued?
    Has anyone used the Fusion, what's it like ?
    ATB
    Hi,
    I think the best thing to do is ask GMK if they have discontinued it as they supply most of the UK market,then you will hear it from the horses mouth. (0)1489 579 999,i haven't had any problems getting it from my local gunshop in .243,regards