Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helle ?

Helle ?

Anyone use'n, how good is the Triple Laminated Stainless Steel (say it takes a razor edge) ?

Perhaps the Curly Birch or Hardwood handles may cause some concern !

http://www.helle.no/

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

The blades are fine, The handles don't like washing machines and given enough wear work loose which means they move slightly and have a small gap which is hard to clean, not what you need in a knife being used to prepare meat for human consumption

I am looking at buying one of these also a laminated stainless steel blade with a synthetic handle OK for dishwashers. They get rave reviews but certainly aren't cheap.

See Billy,

Photopro knows a nice knife when he sees one

Buck,

The Blades are incredible! They are hands down the best knifes I've had the pleasure of using. Very strong and hold an edge for a long time. Great piece of kit!

Regards, Dan.

I've had one years, they are a great knife, although I have to say, leather sheaths and wooden handles V dishwasher safe, bright orange plastic, I nearly always end up using the frosts mora instead now. They are a very comfortable knife to use though, and if you look after them, the handles won't come loose any more than any other knife in my experience.

Had mine for many years. Holds edge superbly. No problems that I can see. WERE great value for money!.

Quote Originally Posted by photopro View Post
    I am looking at buying one of these also a laminated stainless steel blade with a synthetic handle OK for dishwashers. They get rave reviews but certainly aren't cheap.
    Photopro I know Karesuando do a synthetic G10 but these are sandvik 12C27 & not Laminated Steel

http://www.heinnie.com/Karesuando-Kn.../p-0-301-6074/

Quote Originally Posted by 308boy View Post
    See Billy,

Photopro knows a nice knife when he sees one
    Colin I know a wee chap who can get me a good deal on Buck or Coldsteel if your Interested !!

I forgot your an F1/H1 Man custom job to ! you can't hide money.

Rgds, Billy.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 05-07-2012 at 09:44.

So Perhaps the Scone was'nt such a was out after all:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0346.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	17189

Thanks Lads, Buck.

Karesuando knives have a lifetime guarantee on the handle. If they come loose, they replace them.

I like the Scandi grind, but a little thick for skinning work IMO.

Frost mora every time!!