Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cla

Cla

I have heard that it might be cancelled, is anybody in the area or know the site? What are your feelings?

It's over two weeks away from now, it's a bit early to make that sort of decision. But I suppose it's on the cards if the weather doesn't let up. My feelings are that it would massively annoy me. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to spend a weekend camping in mud, it's just no fun.

On their web site there is:
    "The site build is on-schedule and robust contingency plans are in place to meet the challenge of dealing with inclement weather conditions, should they occur. "

So while camping may be cr@p I think it will have to be pretty serious for them to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by murrayb View Post
    On their web site there is:
    "The site build is on-schedule and robust contingency plans are in place to meet the challenge of dealing with inclement weather conditions, should they occur. "

So while camping may be cr@p I think it will have to be pretty serious for them to cancel.
    yeh read that too, should be good though?!? I can remember going many years ago and it was very wet and muddy!

I spoke with one of the organisers yesterday, they are 100% on.

He said the site dries out very quickly.

They cancelled the one at Harewood House due to sodden ground and have never been back, I guess it has been dropped from the list which is very dissappointing. I believe the CLA upset the various stall holders by refusing to refund pitch fees etc ??

I think they had failed to take out insurance for that sort of eventuality, so yes, a lot of people lost a lot of money on that year. It was pretty out of order on their part. A bit amateurish.

i Went to one a few years ago at Belvoir and drove all the way to the gate and then saw a A4 piece of paper stapled to a tree saying 'cancelled' which was brilliant. Should be alright this year though fingers crossed

filzee,

I recall only the 2007 CLA at Harewood House being cancelled. The previous two times it was held at Belvoir Castle went ahead. This is only the third time it has been held there.

Stan