Cla

It's over two weeks away from now, it's a bit early to make that sort of decision. But I suppose it's on the cards if the weather doesn't let up. My feelings are that it would massively annoy me. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to spend a weekend camping in mud, it's just no fun.

On their web site there is:
"The site build is on-schedule and robust contingency plans are in place to meet the challenge of dealing with inclement weather conditions, should they occur. "

So while camping may be cr@p I think it will have to be pretty serious for them to cancel. :confused:

On their web site there is:
"The site build is on-schedule and robust contingency plans are in place to meet the challenge of dealing with inclement weather conditions, should they occur. "

So while camping may be cr@p I think it will have to be pretty serious for them to cancel. :confused:

yeh read that too, should be good though?!? I can remember going many years ago and it was very wet and muddy!

I spoke with one of the organisers yesterday, they are 100% on.

He said the site dries out very quickly.

They cancelled the one at Harewood House due to sodden ground and have never been back, I guess it has been dropped from the list which is very dissappointing. I believe the CLA upset the various stall holders by refusing to refund pitch fees etc ??

I think they had failed to take out insurance for that sort of eventuality, so yes, a lot of people lost a lot of money on that year. It was pretty out of order on their part. A bit amateurish.

i Went to one a few years ago at Belvoir and drove all the way to the gate and then saw a A4 piece of paper stapled to a tree saying 'cancelled' which was brilliant. Should be alright this year though fingers crossed

filzee,

I recall only the 2007 CLA at Harewood House being cancelled. The previous two times it was held at Belvoir Castle went ahead. This is only the third time it has been held there.

Stan

Don't remember if it was the CLA or another gamefair type but defiantly got to the gate and it was closed due to the bad weather. I don't think i dreamt the whole thing as i went with a mate.
At least i don't live very far from Belvoir now so should be a good day out.

If the forecasters have got it right its going to be a mudbath and for those camping/working the event, far from enjoyable.
But fingers crossed that theyve got it wrong and its going to be dry for us all.

If the forecasters have got it right its going to be a mudbath and for those camping/working the event, far from enjoyable.
But fingers crossed that theyve got it wrong and its going to be dry for us all.

They can't even get it correct the day before let alone 3 weeks before.

Thanks for that , ive booked and paid for two caravan pitches on a site close to the ground .
Lets hope they get it sorted and come up trumps :british:

Got tickets so hope it goes ahead ,went to our local steam rally on sat wow that was interesting but full marks for keeping it going well done hollowell steam rally .

Been assured that most of the heavy stuff has been done and that tracks are made
Note to traders
section 15 states that if the Game Fair is cancelled before the first day you will receive 100% refund, before the second day a 65% refund, and before the third day a 30% refund.
not sure about gate tickets though
Score so far
1 dry
3 cancelled
2 damn cold
4 wet:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Back