Thread: Wet morning

Wet morning

It all started well had a good morning and shot a nice six pointer in the wood .
    I took Matt 6.5 284 for a look round the other day,and we saw plenty of new scraping around so i braved the mozzies and had a look this morning.
    Sure enough a buck appeard and crossed the ride in front of the seat, it was raining stair rods by now so i didn't want to hang about i barked just enough for him to get his attention and over he went.

Driving back home i spied a small buck by the track laid down when i got nearer i could tell there was something wrong.
    It got up and crossed a ditch to the rape on the other side and laid back down
    Through the binos there was a great big swelling on the side of its neck and he was holding his tonge out, i couldnt get a clear shot and there was a dyke full of water between us no amount of barking or whistling would make him move,
    Eventually he gave me a clear shot and that was it.
    It was a fair walk to cross the ditch then i got soaked tramming up the headland to where he lay , i reccon he had been shot with a .22 or an air rifle that had clipped his chin and lodged in his neck and not a new wound either.
    Rang the cops and wanted to be put through to rural crime but all he would do was issue a log no , and said the would be in touch it might not be important to them but this kind of thing pisses me right off as well as getting completely soaked ruining the morning . DF

Anyway this mornings buck

glad you managed to get onto him its a real shame when people do things like that ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Driving back home i spied a small buck by the track laid down when i got nearer i could tell there was something wrong.
    It got up and crossed a ditch to the rape on the other side and laid back down
    Through the binos there was a great big swelling on the side of its neck and he was holding his tonge out, i couldnt get a clear shot and there was a dyke full of water between us no amount of barking or whistling would make him move,
    Eventually he gave me a clear shot and that was it.
    It was a fair walk to cross the ditch then i got soaked tramming up the headland to where he lay , i reccon he had been shot with a .22 or an air rifle that had clipped his chin and lodged in his neck and not a new wound either.
    Anyway this mornings buck
    Do you have a photo of the injured/wounded buck?

No mate i didnt i left my camcorder in the truck , but if the weather clears i might be taking the farmer over there for a look so i'll take some then. DF

Well done DF your freezer must be full this weather mate.

Wish it was full of bucks like yours from this morning

Great write up Bob and good job on getting that injured buck. Which police force did you ring ? Was it Humberside ?
    If at first you don't succeed, reload

Wayne they are usually pretty goood but the sargent of the wildlife crime unit is on leave so maybe thats why the delay, they have had a few convictions now and take it quite serious so they are making headway.
    It was the jobsworth on the desk that peed me off good job it wasnt an emergency ! DF