Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to shoot a red stag

I'd like to shoot a red stag

I live in west Sussex but a real aim / dream of mine is too shoot a nice red stag , I'm not botherd about trophy status but I'd like a nice head to mount in my living room I guess perhaps I'd like a bronze head . I will have to save for this and I doubt I'll scrape enough together this year . What I'm wondering is where is the cheapest / best place to go And when ? I shoot a .308 and have some 180 grain loads which I'm hoping will be suitable ?
    Approximately what am I going to have to pay to shoot a nice stag ?
    I'd rather pay extra and have a good experience I'll always remember !
    Cheers guys , please any of the pros talkers on here give a price on what you'd charge ?
    Thanks
    Acm

down south or up north?

With the cost of travelling what it is not perhaps you might consider Thetford forest reds. Scotland maybe nice but it's so expensive to get to now and their prices can also be outta sight.

Then of courset there is the South West of England where you can find Reds.

I think if you want a experience go to Scotland shooting reds down south is like shooting fish in a barrel, compared to up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    With the cost of travelling what it is not perhaps you might consider Thetford forest reds. Scotland maybe nice but it's so expensive to get to now and their prices can also be outta sight.

Then of courset there is the South West of England where you can find Reds.
    ACM, travel won't be the expensive part of shooting a red in Scotland - easyjet fly from Gatwick to Aberdeen, then a hire car to drive to Inverness gets you close to reds.
    PM sent also.

Edit: Thetford Forest does have a BASC shooting lease, not sure if you can shoot reds but worth a look?
    Last edited by Virbius; 06-07-2012 at 11:02.

All depends on what you are looking for and who you are dealing with.The BASC Arran scheme always seems to get a good write up and pretty affordable.
    Heres one from yesterday and all it cost is a bottle of whusky every year for the pleasure.There are still places you get on if you look hard enough.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	js46_012.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	17211

Quote Originally Posted by sako751sg View Post
    All depends on what you are looking for and who you are dealing with.The BASC Arran scheme always seems to get a good write up and pretty affordable.
    Heres one from yesterday and all it cost is a bottle of whusky every year for the pleasure.There are still places you get on if you look hard enough.

Name:	js46_012.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	17211

Nice one i did a bit of research about wild reds in england and was quoted between 100-150 per point after 10 points plus fees so a good 12 pointer 1200 up to approching two grand depending on who you were going with. DF

Why not try the BASC Isle of Arran scheme. Its hard stalking but worth while when you get one and you can probably have a whole weeks stalking for what you would pay for one beast although there's no guarantee you would get one.

Name:	Scotland pics 168.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	17216

Heres one off my lease last year, not bad 11 pointer with a good spread. COST!!! well there is to my knowledge one place left on the week of the 23rd September, 610.00 for 9 outings with accommodation and NO kill fee on spikers. However a big lad like this will cost you a trophy fee of 350.00.

Area is north east of Inverness.

PM me if you want the last place going.

POSITION SOLD AND BOOKED.

Sikamalc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 07-07-2012 at 19:56.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.