Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Fallow cull shooting & introduction Deer Stalking offered in the SW.

Wild Fallow cull shooting & introduction Deer Stalking offered in the SW.

Hi Folks,

We are now taking bookings for Fallow shooting trips - both for cull animals & trophy bucks. With availability during the rut, the Bucks will be showing as well as plenty of displaced juveniles.

I can provide shooting for either individuals or parties of 2-4 experienced shooters, at an inclusive price of 150 per person per day (two outings), target species being cull Sika & Fallow Deer, no limit on numbers - subject always to first shot kills! So, no shots at a second beast unless you are sure your first shot was fatal. To encourage accurate shooting at ranges within your capabilities, lost beasts will be charged at 200.

Wild Boar (Juvenile/Female) may be taken if seen, at an additional fee of 50. Trophy Stags / Fallow Bucks / Wild Boar may be taken if seen at a fee subject to negotiation, but capped at 350 for a CIC Gold Standard.

Venison remains the property of the estate - but is available at prevailing Game-Dealer rates.

I need you to turn up for a check-zero between 2:30 to 3:00pm on the day before the shoot with your rifles zeroed for the ammunition you will be using on the shoot. You should be able to shoot a group of not more than 3" from a rested position at 100yds. If you are unable to do this, then you will require supervision at an extra 40 daily cost.

Shooting will be conducted by both high-seat and accompanied foot stalking. You should be a competent shooter, as you will be working under your own responsibility. Supervision/coaching/estate rifle is available for those looking to further their knowledge of stalking, or work towards DSC2. As an AW, I can assist in completion of your portfolio at no additional cost during these outings.

We have excellent accommodation on-site - which is charged at 45 per person, per day, to include Jo's famous breakfast and evening meal.

We also offer a full Introduction to stalking/field shooting over two days.

This includes 3 hours of field shooting coaching, excellent food & accommodation, and a cull stalking outing with gralloch/lardering instruction at an inclusive price of 195.

Any questions - do just give me a call.

Regards

Ian & Jo
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Another good, well explained offer Mr F with all the cost's highly transparent, nice one.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Nice offer Ian dont like the lost beast bit do you work with a dog .

Sorry if i have missed it , but where in the South West?

Quote Originally Posted by gg33 View Post
    Sorry if i have missed it , but where in the South West?
    + 1 More info please, atb Tim

Thanks for your interest folks, PMs replied to.

I stalk full-time, so we can provide shooting on what-ever dates that work for you & with accommodation on site, arranging a visit is very straight-forward. We are based about thirty minutes south of the M5 Junction at Taunton.

6 PT - Yes, we have a Cocker who works well to scent, as well as friends with Teckels & a BMH if required. I was going to get a Wire haired Vizla - but refuse to have a dog in the house that has a better moustache than mine! ;0) Like you, I hate losing deer and like to ensure that folks will only take shots they are confident are within their abilities.

Rgds

Ian :0)
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Ian in that case there will not be many lost deer i am sure your guests will have a great time and best of luck with the cull.

Thanks for the interest folks.

Still have some days available in August - give me a call & we can compare diaries!

Rgds

Ian