Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski for a Nightforce

Swarovski for a Nightforce

Hello,

I Currently own the Swarovski (details below) which I bought in 2008 and has been on my.243 since. Great scope for Stalking and foxing but due to my growing interest in shooting at Bisley and longer range work, I would like to move to a scope with turrets to dial in adjustment rather than hold over.

Swarovski HabichtAV 6-18x50 rifle scope.
    1" Tube.
    3.5 inches eye relief
    Reticle in 2nd image plane
    TDS – 4 reticle
    It has had butler creek covers on it from day one so the lenses are completely un marked.

Would like to swap for:
    Nightforce NXS5.5-22x56
    With Mil-dot orNP-R1 reticle
    Preferably with zero stop.

I am happy to negotiate with cash in addition to the scope to make up the difference.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Best,

Miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0260.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	530.4 KB 
ID:	17215
    Last edited by 2428 miles; 06-07-2012 at 14:45.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    sorry miles,

i have to say id keep the swaro. .

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Have to agree with bobjs (I would tho ov got that exact swaro)

Would you considering selling it or are you just after a swap??

Cheers rob

agree with the 2 above and if anything cash should be going your way

cheers
    R

I think you are all missing the point here, the OP has stated that he wants target turrets that the Swarovski lacks. I am in no way doubting the quality of the Swarovski, however if its for some long range shooting it is'nt worth a toss without the target turrets.

Hi
    send it back to swarovski , to have ballistic turrets fitted ?

all the best
    mike

ZEISS PRO STALKER

The night force glass has no comparison to Swarovski.i can recc the swaro pv6x24x50with target turrets and tds4 ret.it will get you to 1000 yards with a 20moa railand good second hand examples can be found for about 800.it has 6 clicks to an inch so more precise than 1/4 moa models.regards Richard.

Thanks guys for your replys.

I have asked someone on the Swarovski stand before if they can retro fit a BT and apparently they can’t on this model. I might investigate further as you never quite know if the people manning the stands at these type of events really know their stuff of if they are just there as an extra pair of hands.

I do like the quality of the glass and everything about it in fact, it is a fantastic scope. Its just for the longer range stuff, I would prefer to dial in the adjustment rather than hold over.

Regarding the 20 MOA rail, I have searched high and low for one that fits on a sako rail. Seemingly none exist. Please let me know if you know where I can find one.

Best,

Miles

nothing wrong with a nightforce (and i own a few swarovskis), was sat out the other night at 21.55 hrs and able to take a 300y shot without illumination using my 8-32x56 nightforce on 8 power. glass may not be as bright as swarovski but still perfectly useable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles View Post
    Thanks guys for your replys.

I have asked someone on the Swarovski stand before if they can retro fit a BT and apparently they can’t on this model. I might investigate further as you never quite know if the people manning the stands at these type of events really know their stuff of if they are just there as an extra pair of hands.

I do like the quality of the glass and everything about it in fact, it is a fantastic scope. Its just for the longer range stuff, I would prefer to dial in the adjustment rather than hold over.

Regarding the 20 MOA rail, I have searched high and low for one that fits on a sako rail. Seemingly none exist. Please let me know if you know where I can find one.

Best,

Miles
    Miles, there could be some confusion over the Swarovski 'Ballistic Turret', I think this exact type of turret is only found on the 'Z' series 'scopes and can therefore only be retro fitted to these. I am pretty sure that it is the 'Target' type turret that you would want on an AV 'scope. This may or may not be able to be retro fitted. One thing is for sure, if Swarovski can help you they will. As for the rail, have you contacted Craig at Third Eye Tactical? JC