Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ground ready for lease

New ground ready for lease

Well a little late but here are the new lease areas in scotland some nice bits in this lot will be going for one my self.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-8EEDNM

Some nice looking bits of land there dave if I had the money I wouldn't mind myself

some of that ground is expensive, one bit at burnmouth is 1200 plus vat for a 4 year average of 4 roe.
    them figures dont add up to me

Quote Originally Posted by ajfab View Post
    some of that ground is expensive, one bit at burnmouth is 1200 plus vat for a 4 year average of 4 roe.
    I agree a wee bit pricey for the cull target of 4 Roe!

I read the same piece, guide price optomistic?

I wouldnt even turn the page on the lease to look at it. Ridiculous money for taking the rilfe for a long walk.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

These are guide prices lads dont look at them most FC ground gose for around 100 per beast.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 07-07-2012 at 09:20.

One or two of the bits do seem like a ridiculous amount of money based on previous cull figure however, some other bits don't seem bad at all.

One area shows an average if 27 roe and 2 reds p.a but one year there were 5 reds shot. The guide on thats 2600 plus vat. Now half a dozen guys paying just over 500 each to shoot there should average 5 beasts each with a couple of them being probably lucky enough to get a red stag out of it. Less the weight of the venison for the freezer. So in reality whether the venison is sold or kept it has cost each member of a syndicate perhaps 300 for a years sport. Try and join a golf club for less money...

For folk looking for their own ground that does not appear too bad for a starting point until something better comes up.

I have some ground that costs me nothing but also some that in reality is pretty expensive but I agree that a couple of the leases on offer here make my paid for stalking look like superb value for money!!!
    Last edited by jamross65; 07-07-2012 at 08:26.

Where does the F com get the figures. the bit of land at west benhar is next to me and the target they have set is too low. They have cleared alot of trees in my area and thats one place that the deer are left with. You would shoot the target in no time. nice bit of ground but too expensive for me

Please remember these leases are for a Nine Month period not the normal twelve.