Thread: .243 80 grn nosler bt

.243 80 grn nosler bt

.243 80 grn nosler bt

anyone got a load using these bullets? using varget as thats what i have lying around.

or other powders as i might purchase some new powder if needed but wouldnt like too.

are they any good on deer? much damage? more suited to foxes?

new too this reloading carry on so any help would be greatly recieved.

thanks.

I use 70gr and IMR4895 great on deer and foxes

hi i use 80 grain spbt sierra .i use winchester 760 powder 44 grain 3300 fps 1934fp.thay work ok for me.i shot a tikka t3

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    .243 80 grn nosler bt

anyone got a load using these bullets? using varget as thats what i have lying around.

or other powders as i might purchase some new powder if needed but wouldnt like too.

are they any good on deer? much damage? more suited to foxes?

new too this reloading carry on so any help would be greatly recieved.

thanks.
    hi bud 36g varget 80gnosler is what i use set at 2.700 from tip of round to base of bullit lapu brass blows foxes in half and roe deer can be shot to over 300yards no problem all rounds exit but turns insides to mush if you are not concerned about blown lungs etc they kill deer on the spot with a well placed shot im usin tikka super varminter and get all my shots in under half inch at 200yards hope it helps

thanks for that wriath. ill give them a go and see how much damage they are doing and will go from that. the mush part inside doesnt bother me at all as long as they are not making huge exit holes and damaging too much meat.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    thanks for that wriath. ill give them a go and see how much damage they are doing and will go from that. the mush part inside doesnt bother me at all as long as they are not making huge exit holes and damaging too much meat.
    please note 36g is not maximum load but i found that the gun recoiled less and felt softer to shoot and rounds just went where i pointed so stoped at 36g loads under produced eratic results 3in bull 2out etc forgot cc1 large primers used all the best wraith

evening all!
    I have just developed a load using 80gr. sierra spbt over 38gr of H-Varget with a federal 215M primer in norma brass O.a.l 2.680" this shoots sub 1/4" @ 100yrds if i do my bit! Please work up to this load as it uses a magnum primer!

Good hunting! martin