Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather?

Weather?

Not sure about the rest of the country but has the weather had much of an impact on your stalking/ field sports? I know for me it has! I 2 cancelled fishing trips and several stalks! Not least on my foxes not being able to get about on the land due to the obvious wet ground and the lack of cut hay that's now about 4 ft! But giving it a go this morning as its stopped raining "for now"!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medal bucks.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	769.6 KB 
ID:	17275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucks medal.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	17276
    Last edited by speedystu; 08-07-2012 at 13:04.

Yes, Due to go stalking and had to postpone and no fishing trips since early May . atb Tim

Yes its had quite an affect, still had clients because they had booked in advance, but struggling to9 get them on bucks due to the weather.

got some local ground so i can pick my times but bucks not playing ball and cover is so high .
    going fishing this week just gotta see the forecast .
    as for foxs cant remember the last one i shot waiting for the hay to get cut at home .

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    got some local ground so i can pick my times but bucks not playing ball and cover is so high .
    going fishing this week just gotta see the forecast .
    as for foxs cant remember the last one i shot waiting for the hay to get cut at home .
    600 acres of hay to cut , and about 900 of various arable , if I ever get off the tractor my god I'll have some fun !

Not had to cancel any days through weather, although it has not been easy going this season and just about every buck we have worked hard for.
    What I will say is that this Roe season has seen most of the bucks keeping to the edges of woods, not many seen in the open, and they have been moving for about 40 minutes and then ............... nothing.

However I dont think we have had any clients so far that have not seen deer, and I would say 85% have gone away with a buck, some with two. Lets hope the weather improves, but looking at this coming weeks forecast that seems very very unlikely
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

my local permission is 200 acres of grass waiting too be cut except 1 field of 9 acres with bullocks in it and an old stone barn, so spent thur/sat in there shooting magpies,pigeon and crows with hmr. not alot to go at but beats sat in the house on my days off.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

The best time on mine is just after the grass is cut and the new growth is coming through, dont know when that will be as the field is resembling a rice paddy

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    600 acres of hay to cut , and about 900 of various arable , if I ever get off the tractor my god I'll have some fun !
    This is a great time of year to shoot foxes hunting for fieldmice, early evening just after the hay has been cut... there's nothing better.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Please, please stop sending your rain over to Sweden.You need it more than us. We don't have hose pipe bans here. I've 3 weeks holiday and things to do if it stops raining.