Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HS bitch with FCI papers for sale

HS bitch with FCI papers for sale

Rudi van Kets has just approached me to say that he knows of a HS with FCI papers for sale. The bitch is 2 years old and has done no work as yet. She has the right bloodlines and her brother has just passed an important tracking test.

We are looking for a new owner who will give the hound plenty of work and is prepared to accept non-breeding without approval conditions.

Ifyou are interested send me a pm with your phone and email details.

A good find for someone! Why has it done no work?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    A good find for someone! Why has it done no work?
    It was a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    It was a pet.
    not wanting to cause an argument baron but..... thought the continentals were all like minded and wouldnt sell to "pet homes" so as to keep the breeds pure working strains, and also if they will sell these hounds as pets why have all these breeding ristrictions etc. seems to me to be one rule for one and another for another
    kind regards
    jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    not wanting to cause an argument baron but..... thought the continentals were all like minded and wouldnt sell to "pet homes" so as to keep the breeds pure working strains, and also if they will sell these hounds as pets why have all these breeding ristrictions etc. seems to me to be one rule for one and another for another
    kind regards
    jimmy
    If you think all continentals have the same views than you are in for a surprise.

I cannot control the continentals but what I want to avoid is a fiasco similar to what happened to the BMH's in this country. That is why if I help somebody to find a dog I make conditions.

Also I do not know why the belgian owner did not use his dog for tracking but at least he did nor breed for it. That is what I try to avoid, having litters from unproven dogs.

If somebody is not prepared to agree with this. No problem but also no dog.

so what are FCI papers please as i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    so what are FCI papers please as i dont know
    If you hunt through this site you will find a much larger post where I tried to explain it.

In short it is a pedigree issued by the Federation Cynologique Internationale. Have a look at their website, http://www.fci.be/ Its pedigrees are accepted in most contries but HS not in the UK.

All the HS and BHS continental breed societies that I know insist that before you can breed from these dogs the dogs need also to pass a serie of tests. That insures that future dogs have the highest possible levels of tracking.

thankyou for that ill look it up, so what your saying is that in order for this bitch to have been born both sire and dam have had to pass these rigious and complicated tests, and also if i remember what you said last sunday they will of had to have been matched as a breeding pair by the hound master "sorry cant remember the exact title you said he had" then the owner of the dam can sell there pups from this highly selected breeding program to "anyone with cash" !!! surely if its such a specialized procedure to breed, then its let down at the last hurdle.

I think Jimmy what occurs is that on the pup being sold an agreement is issued regarding breeding. In other words as Baron says, no test passed no registering of pups from those untested parents. That does not mean though that someone who has now managed to purchase a dog under these conditions is beyond going back on their word, They could decide not to work the dog for any number of reasons and lets not forget that could be down to a health issue in the handler. They could also go back on the arrangement and breed from her but they would be doing so and then selling the pups without the recognised papers.

Plenty of unscrupulous folk in the world and there is only so much control a society can impose in the hope things are done the proper way...

Still relies on the honesty of buyers as well though...

hi bri hope ya well the pics of whisk"e"y look fantastic pal. the point you make is also the point im possably poorly trying to make, the system "with all the best intentions" wont work cold hard cash will raise its ugly head pal some people will stick to it but others won't