HS bitch with FCI papers for sale

barongcw

Rudi van Kets has just approached me to say that he knows of a HS with FCI papers for sale. The bitch is 2 years old and has done no work as yet. She has the right bloodlines and her brother has just passed an important tracking test.

We are looking for a new owner who will give the hound plenty of work and is prepared to accept non-breeding without approval conditions.

Ifyou are interested send me a pm with your phone and email details.

It was a pet.

not wanting to cause an argument baron but..... thought the continentals were all like minded and wouldnt sell to "pet homes" so as to keep the breeds pure working strains, and also if they will sell these hounds as pets why have all these breeding ristrictions etc. seems to me to be one rule for one and another for another
kind regards
jimmy

not wanting to cause an argument baron but..... thought the continentals were all like minded and wouldnt sell to "pet homes" so as to keep the breeds pure working strains, and also if they will sell these hounds as pets why have all these breeding ristrictions etc. seems to me to be one rule for one and another for another
kind regards
jimmy

If you think all continentals have the same views than you are in for a surprise.

I cannot control the continentals but what I want to avoid is a fiasco similar to what happened to the BMH's in this country. That is why if I help somebody to find a dog I make conditions.

Also I do not know why the belgian owner did not use his dog for tracking but at least he did nor breed for it. That is what I try to avoid, having litters from unproven dogs.

If somebody is not prepared to agree with this. No problem but also no dog.

so what are FCI papers please as i dont know

If you hunt through this site you will find a much larger post where I tried to explain it.

In short it is a pedigree issued by the Federation Cynologique Internationale. Have a look at their website, http://www.fci.be/ Its pedigrees are accepted in most contries but HS not in the UK.

All the HS and BHS continental breed societies that I know insist that before you can breed from these dogs the dogs need also to pass a serie of tests. That insures that future dogs have the highest possible levels of tracking.

thankyou for that ill look it up, so what your saying is that in order for this bitch to have been born both sire and dam have had to pass these rigious and complicated tests, and also if i remember what you said last sunday they will of had to have been matched as a breeding pair by the hound master "sorry cant remember the exact title you said he had" then the owner of the dam can sell there pups from this highly selected breeding program to "anyone with cash" !!! surely if its such a specialized procedure to breed, then its let down at the last hurdle.

I think Jimmy what occurs is that on the pup being sold an agreement is issued regarding breeding. In other words as Baron says, no test passed no registering of pups from those untested parents. That does not mean though that someone who has now managed to purchase a dog under these conditions is beyond going back on their word, They could decide not to work the dog for any number of reasons and lets not forget that could be down to a health issue in the handler. They could also go back on the arrangement and breed from her but they would be doing so and then selling the pups without the recognised papers.

Plenty of unscrupulous folk in the world and there is only so much control a society can impose in the hope things are done the proper way...

Still relies on the honesty of buyers as well though...

hi bri hope ya well the pics of whisk"e"y look fantastic pal. the point you make is also the point im possably poorly trying to make, the system "with all the best intentions" wont work cold hard cash will raise its ugly head pal some people will stick to it but others won't

Jimmy do you want the dog?
I suspect not.You have a good dog already,probably no time for another,I'm right,no?
The questions you mean to ask is
Is the sire a member of any breed society?
Is the dam a member of any breed society?
Has the sire passed its vorpurfurung/hauptpurfurung?
Has the dam passed its vorpurfurung/hauptpurfurung?
After testing and passing the breedmaster would choose which dog/dam to couple,these pups would go back to the society,not for general sale unless you were in that society.
Now i don't know the answers to the above but not every HS is in a breed society and I know who this HS is coming from and I would not hesitate to take this dog if I were looking for a bitch.
If Baron says the brother is testing within a society and doing well that is good enough for me.
As Baron states some continentals think differently about HS much the same as labs,pets/working dogs,these dogs are that laid back
She has FCI papers,whether worked or not,these dogs have a genetic make up that makes them want to track.There is only a handful of such like dogs in these islands and all the rest have been pumped out by guys trying to make a pound,from original "Schwarzhunds",basically black market HS with no papers at all.Whereas this bitch is coming from a very very trustworthy person and is pedigreed.All that is needed is to hone the dog to work which I don't think would be too hard
There is no HS in this country that is affiliated to one of the breed societies,although there is a couple that I feel would qualify no problem to get into these societies in time perhaps.
This is a proper excellent opportunity for someone willing to put the work in

hi bri hope ya well the pics of whisk"e"y look fantastic pal. the point you make is also the point im possably poorly trying to make, the system "with all the best intentions" wont work cold hard cash will raise its ugly head pal some people will stick to it but others won't

Jimmy

I see now what you are saying, cold hard cash thought to be the attraction to an unscrupulous owner of a rare breed once they have their hands on them?

Knowing Georges and Rudi like I do, the will no doubt be reasons behind why this dog is now available and the fact that they are now trying to find the right home for it here...

Hope you are well and the GSP is coming on nicely. :thumb:

Last edited:
Jimmy

I see now what you are saying, cold hard cash thought to be the attraction to an unscrupulous owner of a rare breed once they have their hands on them?

Knowing eorges and Rudi like I do, the will no doubt be reasons behind why this dog is now available and the fact that they are now trying to find the right home for it here...

Hope you are well and the GSP is coming on nicely. :thumb:

you got my gist bri i dont want to name names on an open forum but i know ya picking up what im putting down regards other breeds/owners that are designer dogs for the job !!! im worried and hope you guys that are starting this can keep a very tight lid on it.
kind regards
jimmy

you got my gist bri i dont want to name names on an open forum but i know ya picking up what im putting down regards other breeds/owners that are designer dogs for the job !!! im worried and hope you guys that are starting this can keep a very tight lid on it.
kind regards
jimmy

I agree 100% Jimmy.
Money from dogs is something to be detested and it has ruined certain breeds in this country.
People who want this dog must conform and agree to the conditions set by Georges,if not don't take the dog!

Back