Irish Stalking and adding a rifle to an Irish Certificate for temporary use.

bk

My brother in law lives in C Kerry and has an air rifle which I beleive requires an FAC and he has a cabinet. I was speaking to a helpful chap yesterday and started talking about Irish stalking. I was told it may be possible to add my rifle to his FAC as they license the rifles and not the person over there and just get a travel ticket for the rifle to get it over there. Anyone have any clarity on this?
Cheers

bit hard to concentrate on your question! we are issued individual licences over here per firearm, but they are in an individuals name
However a firearm can be licensed to more than one person. In my area each firearm is inspected on issue of first firearm cert. It seems to me that even if you sent your rifle to an rfd in Ireland and bro in law had a cert for it you would be caught out because there is no guest rifle facility ( outside of clubs) over here. Non resident firearm cert is probably the only legal route, available on garda website, and you will need to apply for a deer hunting licence first- details on npws.ie .

Back