Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What depth

What depth

If you were to test a pair of Black Islander Diotto boots, what depth of water would you test them in?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    If you were to test a pair of Black Islander Diotto boots, what depth of water would you test them in?

Al
    Usually the water resistance of hiking boots is taken on faith or reputation, isn't it? ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post

Al
    ive been over the knees in my meindl drove extreme with gaiters whilst out stalking , they dried out in no time at all !

Just don't buy them in the first place i know 3 people who bought these boots and they all leak ed

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    ive been over the knees in my meindl drove extreme with gaiters whilst out stalking , they dried out in no time at all !
    +1 Crossed a waterfall in flood , water level and force was very high .Pro hunter trousers and meindl drove extreme kept me snuff dry
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

I have a pair and i think that they leak somewhere at the bottom. Not enough to be annoying but the insole gets a bit damp sometimes.

Wont be buying another pair this season i dont think!

Aoart from that i would expect them to be waterproof as long as the water isnt over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    I have a pair and i think that they leak somewhere at the bottom. Not enough to be annoying but the insole gets a bit damp sometimes.

Wont be buying another pair this season i dont think!

Aoart from that i would expect them to be waterproof as long as the water isnt over the top
    Pretty much the same as my experience, my right foot got wet.Annoying as the boots were only 4 weeks old. More to come!!

Al

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Just don't buy them in the first place i know 3 people who bought these boots and they all leak ed
    Had a similar issue and it was acknowledged there had been an issue.
    Boots changed out and never had a problem since, highly recommend them and suggest if you do have a problem then contact the retailer.

First pair I had leaked within 6 weeks and had a hard time convincing them that they leaked, eventually they sent a new pair out and I have had no problems since then. They are very comfy though