Took my boy out fishing for the first time today

teyhan1

Took my boy out fishing for the first time today on a good friends private lake. Nice thing is that it's only ever been fished 2 or 3 times so fish came reasonably easily.
He's never picked up a fishing rod before today. By lunch time I had him casting, baiting, landing and dis-gorging. Not bad I thought. Then shortly after lunch he started reeling them in and suddenly became the worlds expert on catching carp.
Strange isn't it how some people do something for 5 mins and think they're an expert. He should fit in perfectly in the stalking world!!:lol:

I still caught the biggest ones though.

Nice one if you can get them catching frrom the off they become hooked for life. Regards. Biker1

Nice one. You'll both remember today for a long time. CAn't wait till mine's old enough to take fishing and shooting

Nice one. You'll both remember today for a long time. CAn't wait till mine's old enough to take fishing and shooting

He's 8 now. It's been a struggle getting him to hang fire this long. The Mrs is away for 2 weeks so I have full control.:evil: Next weekend, air rifle plinking/safety lessons, stalking/foxing with Dad, weekend after camping/stalking/rabbiting.

While the cats away...............................

Mine's only three and I have to sneak out whenever I go fishing or shooting. Here's a few photo's of him getting in some practice.
freddie fishing.jpg

freddie deer 1.jpg

freddie gun.jpg

Sorry if I've high jacked your thread

Last edited:
My lad now 12 but at the time 7 was desperate for me to take him fishing after he acquired a £10 fishing kit from toysrus. After repeated request one evening I took him down to our local river (3 feet deep) that runs through the park, I set him up and helped him with his first cast ith a bit of bread as bait expecting nothing. You can imagine my surprise when the float disappeared and his rod started to bend. Bottom line we landed a 22.5 inch wild brown trout that weighed in at 5lb.
It's now on the wall in the kitchen, the only trouble is that any ordinary more modest specimens just won't do any more !!

teyhan

After a while its all you can think, about sharing that time in the field with your kids. I am lucky like you mine are 10 and 6 boy and girl both love the outdoors, camping, cooking over a fire, watching dad shoot a deer, fishing and above all they still think I am a hero. Yeh i know it won't last forever but I am making the most of it while it lasts.

The rule I have applied is as soon as they are cold or bored we go home, the trick is to keep em warm and fascinated. Now i have every excuse to get out of the house as they plague the wife for me to go shooting or fishing its a dream come true.

i dunt do fishing myself but keep threatening to take it up, but my 3 year old plauges me to take him shooting and whenever anyone comes to our house 1st thing he does is take them to freezer to show them the bucks heads that are in there.lol

i dunt do fishing myself but keep threatening to take it up, but my 3 year old plauges me to take him shooting and whenever anyone comes to our house 1st thing he does is take them to freezer to show them the bucks heads that are in there.lol

Buck heads in the freezer is a problem I don't have as I've turned most of mine into pound notes and sent them packing to Denmark.:norty: However I do get to see them once in a while when I go over. In fact I'll get some photo's put up soon.

Back