Best scope mounted lamp?

Whats everyones opinions on what is the best scope mounted lamp? Im spending more time out alone, as my shooting buddy has salmon fishing fever just now.Cheers
Rob​

Whats everyones opinions on what is the best scope mounted lamp? Im spending more time out alone, as my shooting buddy has salmon fishing fever just now.Cheers
Rob​

ND3 if you have the money, get the sub-zero version though as otherwise you'll have trouble in the cold. I use mine for bunny's and foxes out to 200m. Some on ebay at the moment for £200 (usually £300+)

If it's closer range stuff then the Deben GL4's are pretty good in my experience - don't bother with filters though as they suck, just choose the colour bulb that you like useing - mine's a red light one rather than a white light with a red filter.

Yeah I like the LEDray ones, like I said though get the coloured bulbs rather than the filters though - the sub £100 one's (GL4 etc) will at a push do 100yds (with the right scope), otherwise the £180 versions are very good.

I'm lucky enough to get to try a lot of these that come into my local range's shop as there's a farm I shoot on behind it! :)

Out of interest, what didn't you like about the ND3?

I have a deben tristar pro
run it on a £20 eBay lithium battery

good for out to 200yds on full white

Yeah I like the LEDray ones, like I said though get the coloured bulbs rather than the filters though - the sub £100 one's (GL4 etc) will at a push do 100yds (with the right scope), otherwise the £180 versions are very good.

I'm lucky enough to get to try a lot of these that come into my local range's shop as there's a farm I shoot on behind it! :)

Out of interest, what didn't you like about the ND3?

Cheers. I didnt like the mount, it ended up all over the place.

I have a Cluson Masterlite and find it works well for rabbit and fox out to 100yds, possibly stretch a bit further with a decent scope.

I have had one about a week. It is made in china by dereelight but you can buy them over here from taclight but slightly more expensive.
Dereelight marked the package as a gift so no vat duty etc. It cost me about £75 and thats with a remote switch for the side of the rifle.

The beam is amazing 300 meters no problem. No scatter or spread, some people dont like that.
Build quality is first class.

I havent used it in anger yet because is doesn't really go dark up here yet.

Hope this helps.

I find that cluson lamps have the best mounting system. You can change the angle of the lamp to suit and they're great for the solo shooter plus they're well built.:british:

ive always been a fan of light force using the 170 model its good if your set up on a bonnet or back of a pick up but if these compact mountable lamps are ok then i would definatley go for one just because being small it wouldnt be clumsy but cant see them lasting long battery life wise

I have the ND3x50 which is better than the ND3 I believe, focussed in to a tight beam it will pick out detail at 300yds no problem, however for scanning an area you need to widen the beam, once you have picked out the eyes you can focus in and go back on to check out the detail. The mounting system is ok, and is adjustable for elevation and windage. I think its ideal for solo lamping. Animals can see it though, foxes included! despite what the blurb says.

Ok, thank limulus - for the price I'll get em anyway and have a play.

Arrived on Friday. Not had a chance to play with it propper. Came with two small batteries which, when in the torch rattled about a bit making it noisy/clunky. However, I also purchased the battery charger (and batteries) that Limulus linked to above. At first, I thought, "Oh sh#t" as the battery model is different to the ones that come with the torch so I thought I was getting the wrong charger/batteries but I had committed to buy.
However, when it turned up (the charger with 3 batteries) it had longer batteries, twice the length of the 2 supplied ones with the torch but only 0.1v higher voltage.
I tried them in the torch and they fit, and to my suprise, are slightly larger in diameter which takes out the 'rattle'!!
So I'm satisfied so far.
Tried it in the garden the other night and it gives a good beam at 80 yrds (end of the garden). Hopefully will maintain good shape out to 200 yrds.

The only down side is the mount that comes with it is no good for me as it is a single 1" scope ring on dovetail. (alright for tactical rifles) I only have the dovetail on the top of my rifle and has a scope mounted. I am looking at some 45 Degree offset mounts on fleabay at the moment and wondering if this will resolve my issue? and will it clear a 50mm Objective? I'm also not sure how well the beam will align with the reticle cross hair? Maybe a bit of tape insid the ring will fine tune it.

If not, then I have a good rechargable pocket torch for £20 which will will definately have its uses.

Hopefully will get to an RFD close to wheere I'm working this week and find a suitable mount. :)

Came with two small batteries which, when in the torch rattled about a bit making it noisy/clunky.

If you want to take these along with you as a back-up to the bigger batteries, you'll find that they won't rattle if you put some 'O' rings over them. You'll need to find and fit ones that are ostensibly too small, so that when they're stretched out they're the right thickness.

Back