Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re barrell

re barrell

my tikka 595 in 22-250 needs re barrelling. has anybody and advice on where to go to have it done and an idea of what it should cost. i dont want a really fancy top of the range custom barrell. just a good work horse.

I have read elsewhere that GunMarK have a scandalous pricing scheme where to buy another factory tikka barrel would cost you loads,for similar money to an archer barrels from borders.
    You could probably pick up a walther barrel for much less though.. according to the gunsmith I have been speaking to.

thanks i am still waiting for a reply from border barrells, regarding an archer.

An Archer barrel fitted + proofed is 497 + 50 for muzzle threading 30 for bead blasting and a couple of hundred for fluting.

Dave

An Archer barrel fitted + proofed is 497 + 50 for muzzle threading 30 for bead blasting and a couple of hundred for fluting.

Dave

cheers devil. have you had one or some connection with border. thanks for the info. thats about the price i was expecting. has anyone one on here had an archer fitted?

Barrel

Waldini,

No connection just got my rifle with them to get done at the moment.

Dave

OK devil hope you don't mind mind me asking. what rifle/ caliber are you having done and which barrel are you getting?

It is a Remington 700 in .243. I am getting an Archer .243AI in heavy profile and the Sako Bolt mod. I am probably going to put it in an AI stock when I get it back.

Dave

Norman Clark charges very reasonable rates and does excellent job. He rebarrelled a rifle for a stalking friend and he's delighted with it.