Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka upgrade recoil lug

Tikka upgrade recoil lug

I am currently looking at a S/H LH tikka t3 lite with the plastic stock in 308 and found this on fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1809068980...84.m1423.l2649 is there any point in fitting one these? and the do look expensive for what it is after all just a lump of steel .

Bob

It a bit of metal mate but the 12 bolt knob is worth having...

don't waste your money, the standard recoil lug will not deform, if anything the stock will deform so the recoil lug moves and causes irate shot placement. better spending your money on either a quality bedding job or a quality stock.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    don't waste your money, the standard recoil lug will not deform, if anything the stock will deform so the recoil lug moves and causes irate shot placement. better spending your money on either a quality bedding job or a quality stock.
    Thanks
    That was my thought's on the mater as well.

Bob

what a pile of crap that recoiled lug is. 25 for a bit of stainless! Jog on.com

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    what a pile of crap that recoiled lug is. 25 for a bit of stainless! Jog on.com
    Doh! and I was thinking of getting some stainless and making some up to get in on the take after all it seems some people are daft enough to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Doh! and I was thinking of getting some stainless and making some up to get in on the take after all it seems some people are daft enough to pay it.
    i was thinking i was in the wrong game too

that's the phenomenon of ebay, no matter how cr@p a product you sell, someone will buy it! genius! LOL.

Titanium would be better, lighter so it would improve the harmonics – that should enable me to sell them for 50

There's far worse rip offs out there. I know of one well known rifle building company selling two stainless action screws for tikka t3's for 32.00

You can see that the guy has put a fair amount of time/cutting into making these. My lug on my tikka .270 has a big lumpy burr down one whole side.

might get one!!!!