Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Battalion RRF

2nd Battalion RRF

If any one can find the time to sign the petition it would mean a great deal, as this is close to me and my good ladies heart as one of our closest friends other half is affected by this cut.
    Many thanks in advance
    Dave
    Petition

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    If any one can find the time to sign the petition it would mean a great deal, as this is close to me and my good ladies heart as one of our closest friends other half is affected by this cut.
    Many thanks in advance
    Dave
    Petition
    Dave ,this is something that were all going to have to get use to ,the government will not be happy until we have a British defence force ,in saying that it may reduce our need to be committed to work as allies for the USA in stupid campaigns which waste life and tax payers money .

Signed and if anyone has started one to stop ALL the cuts i'll sign that as well

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Dave ,this is something that were all going to have to get use to ,the government will not be happy until we have a British defence force ,in saying that it may reduce our need to be committed to work as allies for the USA in stupid campaigns which waste life and tax payers money .
    Can't argue with you, but does it make it right!!

signed

pendle / Kevin
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Signed it last week, I wore the hackle with pride for 12 years.

This is not a petition about not making cuts we all know that is going to happen whatever albeit disheartening when the axe falls on our servicemen and woman at the sharp end of our recent conflicts. This petition is about the government saying that the MOD would look for under recruited units to be disbanded or amalgamated for savings.
    The second Fusiliers is a fully recruited infantry battalion with great experience of current and recent conflicts. It was only a couple of years ago that 7 of the Batallion were returned to their families on one flight into W.B.
    The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers has a long and proud liniage that can be traced back to the 6th of foot and currently operates with 2 regular battalions when at its peak had 4 regular and 2 TA battalions and it's headquarters at the tower of London. To take the regiment down to only one full time unit and some TA companies for a political advantage to save units in Scotland, where many units are teetering on the brink due to lack of recruitment is wrong.
    The second will be in Cyprus as a theatre reserve when the axe falls. It will cause huge disruption to families as the personnel are posted to units wherever they may be that are less well recruited than the one they have left. For the families it's a huge wrench probably more so than for those serving who will just have to get on with their jobs, but the wives and children will have to set up all over again after only a short time at their new posting wherever that may be.
    Last edited by prometheus; 11-07-2012 at 09:00. Reason: Background

If the want to save money then cut MP's expensnes, cull some of their flunkies, stop paying Child allowance to foreign "Migrants" where the money is piad out of the UK. Stop the gravy train for illegal immigrants. There would be more than enough to reinstate soem regiments then.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers has a long and proud liniage that can be traced back to the 6th of foot
    Signed - although I think the lads in 1RRF might be a tad miffed that you didn't say the lineage goes back to the 5th of Foot, aka The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers. - just slightly more senior, doncha' know?

Who remembers the rubbish spouted by Mike Jackson at the last re-org, when he claimed that large Regiments were the way to go - hence goodness knows how many battalions of Rifles or 'Royal Regiment of Scotland'? The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers was one of the original 'large regiments' formed in 1969 when 4 regiments were amalgamated into one 'large' regiment of three regular battalions with 2(?) TA battalions. Over the years we've seen the Regiment salami sliced on the alter of political expediency. Mind you, probably better to simply go than be doomed to being a 'Ceremonial Duties' company - Colin Mitchell must be spinning.....