Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good is the u caller remote

How good is the u caller remote

Been thinking about getting a digital caller, i looked at the Foxpro spitfire but seems bulky to carry around as i mostly do solo lamping and dont use a vehicle while the u caller remote i could just put in my pocket ,owners of the remote u caller, how good or bad
    Last edited by KMCK; 11-07-2012 at 12:28.

I borrowed one a bit back and to be honest i thought it was rubbish, my mate that lent me it dropped into the conversation that he would take a tenner for it (he'd only just bought it!), well he didnt get my tenner, to be honest if he'd said have it id of declined, although ive no experiance of them people are using the foxpros for a reason and im sure some of them will be solo lampers.

Not the best caller to be honest and not very robust at all if its rattling round in the truck.

The mini calibre are a better option unless you bite the bullet and buy the best ie Foxpro

I've used a u caller and results have been poor to be honest,it seems to get the attention of the prey without calling them into target area i had better results with one of frenchys hand callers ,i bought a foxpro spitfire a few months back and really got the wow factor pulling in 3 foxes on the first outing ,i too tend to shoot on foot but its not really a problem with a small rucksack ,especially compared to when i used to lug fire alarm batteries round with me when i was lamping,its always tempting to be taken in by the manufacturers speel and perhaps go for a cheaper option but better to wait and buy somthing that really works

I bought a spitfire,they are not too big to go in a shooting coat pocket or game bag for on foot foxing,had some great results with it,i find you have to turn the volume down or the unit off before fox gets too close or they seem easily spooked,cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ade wills View Post
    I've used a u caller and results have been poor to be honest,it seems to get the attention of the prey without calling them into target area i had better results with one of frenchys hand callers ,i bought a foxpro spitfire a few months back and really got the wow factor pulling in 3 foxes on the first outing ,i too tend to shoot on foot but its not really a problem with a small rucksack ,especially compared to when i used to lug fire alarm batteries round with me when i was lamping,its always tempting to be taken in by the manufacturers speel and perhaps go for a cheaper option but better to wait and buy somthing that really works

i have used a u caller, never really had much luck with it. the calls dont sound like what they should be.
    had a fox in the lamp one night and turned on the u caller, rabbit cry, the fox pissed off.
    i much preffer mouth calls as you can control the sound better.

ok bud you caller is crap now if you go to flee bay there are little fox callers on there that come with a dvd disk about 45pound posted down load the vixen in heat long of call rabbit distress and fox pup now go out turn it on and get readey i have shot more than 260foxes using this little digital fox caller and have shot 3in a roe they came in that fast i have no afiliaton with this item or the bloke who sells them the best thing i have ever purchased period this caller got me all my deer stalking for free i killed so meney foxes that word got around i now shoot 5farms where i have all the deer stalking rights for free cant recomend this caller enughf all the best wraith

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    ok bud you caller is crap now if you go to flee bay there are little fox callers on there that come with a dvd disk about 45pound posted down load the vixen in heat long of call rabbit distress and fox pup now go out turn it on and get readey i have shot more than 260foxes using this little digital fox caller and have shot 3in a roe they came in that fast i have no afiliaton with this item or the bloke who sells them the best thing i have ever purchased period this caller got me all my deer stalking for free i killed so meney foxes that word got around i now shoot 5farms where i have all the deer stalking rights for free cant recomend this caller enughf all the best wraith

Have you got a link to this mate?

Im not keen to be honest. I bought a mini colibri a while back and its basic but very compact and the sound quality and volume is superb. A very well built unit.

I have a u caller remote and at the right time of year I've had great results using the vixen on heat call I got off paddysp on here. The rest of the year I use one of these

Fox Call UK - The Original and Best predator fox caller available today. Ideal for game calling or as a wildlife caller.

I lost one of the plastic screws on the first outing but they sent me one out in the post free of charge. I just put a dab of nail varnish in it to lock it together.

Rick