Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

Rabbits

This is the first try using an orion camera holder on the back of a cheap rimmy scope

And the second try:

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

SD Regular
    Dog food ??? Whats wrong with head shots ???
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

I also wondered that, but then tried to work out if he was using one of the dots rather than the cross hairs but even that didn't work out either ;-(
    Nice camera work though.
    Last edited by EMcC; 11-07-2012 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    This is the first try using an orion camera holder on the back of a cheap rimmy scope

And the second try:

Nice camera shots

Any pictures of the "orion camera holder" and your setup?
    Nice vid.

Gawd this site is so predictable sometimes.....These were shot in the neck from standing off hand shots at about 50 and 60yds (note how shakey I am). Next time I'll get down on the bipod or on a set of quad sticks and shoot them in the head just for you guys. This was simply my first attempt at using a new piece of kit and thought SOME might see it for that.......
    Quad sticks

Gawd this site is so predictable sometimes.....These were shot in the neck from standing off hand shots at about 50 and 60yds (note how shakey I am). Next time I'll get down on the bipod or on a set of quad sticks and shoot them in the head just for you guys. This was simply my first attempt at using a new piece of kit and thought SOME might see it for that.......
    LOL well said mate! Thanks for sharing your set up - I'm guessing you used this type of set up: Seben DKA2 digital camera / camcorder adapter PC USB | eBay which I've seen the americans use a lot on youtube.

I've developing something along these lines that's a little more field-friendly so will keep you posted!

Thats identical to the orion one. Doddle to set up with a panasonic lumix. Swivels off to the side for when you want to take head shots
    Quad sticks

Gawd this site is so predictable sometimes.....

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    I'm guessing you used this type of set up: Seben DKA2 digital camera / camcorder adapter PC USB | eBay which I've seen the americans use a lot on youtube.
    Thanks for posing this. I bought a vidoe camera a while back to try and put on the top of my scope and failed miserably. I guess I could use this.

I too would be interested to see the whole set up, resuts were excellent.
    As far as the head shot comments go, treat them with the contempt they deserve. I shoot perhaps three thousand rabbits a year for a variety of purposes, the vast majority of them are chest shots, as in your pics they seem to work reasonably well!!! If they are required for butchers or private use then head shots or ferreted is the order of the day.
    In any case a 22 through the chest is hardly going to make the rest of the carcase inedible is it. Some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!