Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lobo

Just say when your pups are ready mate..

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You are right to draw attention to it. It is a sorry saga.

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    You are right to draw attention to it. It is a sorry saga.
    Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Please explain?
    The kennel where this dog comes from is what used to be called a "schwartzzuechter", a black market breeder; now called a non-approved breeder.
    A few years ago there was a Mrs Saur who did the same but she and her partner went even further and issued Bulgarian pedigrees for German hounds. Believe that partner is on his way to jail but the legal mills in Germany grind slowly.

Contrary to the UK where pedigrees are issued by the Kennel Club, the German Kennel Club has delegated this to the breed societies. Thus the Verein Hirschmann is the only authority in Germany that can issue internationally approved pedigrees for HS.

Thus pups coming from this kennel will have no FCI recognised pedigrees.

Some kennels issue their own pedigrees hoping that buyers will not be aware that in fact they are buying a pup without proper papers.

You can recognise an approved export pedigree because it will have A an FCI stamp and B a red ISHV stamp with a 1 inside it. The 1 stands for the Verein Hirschmann.

You might say that this is not important for you but by buying or even worse breeding from one of these dogs you run the risk of introducing for instance epilepsy.
    Even the VH was not careful enough and as a result had to ban a number of HS's from its own register from ever breeding as some of them had epilepsy. You can imagine that created quite a stir amongst the members.

Does that mean an FCI dog is Hirscmen approved? For instance the dog Rudi has sourced? Presumably you could never breed from this dog has it has not passed any tests?

Does that mean an FCI dog is Hirscmen approved? For instance the dog Rudi has sourced? Presumably you could never breed from this dog has it has not passed any tests?
    An FCI dog coming from Germany is Hirschmann approved if it has the right stamps like I said earlier.
    If it comes from another country or breed society that is recognised by the ISHV it has only Hirschmann ISHV stamp if it has passed its tests in Germany.
    If for instance the dog has passed its tests in Hungary than it will have an ISHV stamp with a 2 inside and obviously not be Hirschmann approved but it can take part in Hirschmann trials.
    If you let me have the export pedigree of the HS you have in mind I can tell you more.

These extended answers are to make potential buyers realise that the pedigree issue is a complicated one and that unscrupulous people are trying to put the wool over genuine buyers eyes by selling pups without what I call proper papers.

If you want to buy an HS send me its export pedigree or those of both its parents. If you speak German you can also send them direct to the VH.
    Last edited by barongcw; 11-07-2012 at 17:02.

I'm lost with this post and the reasons for it as there is no explanation???

Has it been posted to 'advertise' the dog or the breeder, or has it been posted as a warning to others because of the concerns Baron highlights? Can some light be shed on it please in the absence of any explanation in the OP????

You can breed from any dog you want. The difference being what is from proven and tested parents with correct paperwork I would think are particularly desirable. Pups from parents without less so I would assume. No real difference to gundogs from FtCh parents being proven stock and in real demand...

My pup has FCI paperwork but is not ISHV stamped. If that can be rectified in the future with affiliation through the VH then so be it andI will look to put her through the required tests before any pups are ever taken from her. If the VH will not let such a dog into their society as far as testing is concerned, I will be happy to be a member of Rudi's society in Belgium regardless and receive the appropriate recognition through them after passing (hopefully) their test.

Josh seems to be a man of few words from his posts not a bad thing some may say but he has used the site to promote his dogs and sell his puppy. So a word from him to explain what the original intention of the post was would be nice.