Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firearm certificate

Firearm certificate

Hi all,I sold my rifle yesterday to an sd member,I checked his ticket to see if he was authorised to have this calibre before we completed the paperwork etc,all ok,I am not familiar with selling rifles because I haven't had many over the years,was wondering if fake firearms certificates are about and is it possible to be able to recognise one.

Did you take a photocopy of the cert.
    Always a good idea.. covers your ar5e (to an extent) if anything does go pear-shaped

I have not heard of fake certs being on the go

I bet there are fakes out there,you know what they say..."where theres a scheme,theres a scam!!!"...........

Dont forget to send in letter to your firearms office with in 7 days. Stating who you sold it to. There address and firearms number.

Also send in your ticket at the same time if you want to keep slot open to buy the same calibre again. Or if you want to change to a different calibre

Nice one mr badge ,it was something I thought of This morning,I thought this might of been a good thread,can't say I've ever seen anybody scan one or check somehow to authenticate my ticket before I've purchased ammo or a firearm.probaly easy to print a fake off then,that doesn't sound to good

Interesting thought.
    However if you were to photocopy a cert, and certainly the ones used by W Mercia, the word 'FRAUD' appears on the blank page below the information and photo.
    I havent tried to scan it but I expect the same will be the case at least on home printer/scanners.
    I copied mine whilst it was on holiday (for 6 months) with the FLA and I wanted proof of authorisation.
    Anyone else tried this with the same result??

Fraser

I've not a printer at the mo or I would of tried it,sounds like some effort has been made then to stop fraud tickets then.

Quote Originally Posted by fraserd View Post
    Interesting thought.
    However if you were to photocopy a cert, and certainly the ones used by W Mercia, the word 'FRAUD' appears on the blank page below the information and photo.
    I havent tried to scan it but I expect the same will be the case at least on home printer/scanners.
    I copied mine whilst it was on holiday (for 6 months) with the FLA and I wanted proof of authorisation.
    Anyone else tried this with the same result??

Fraser
    +1 My FLO told me that not long ago when I put my cert in for variation

I copied mine when I sent it in for re-newal and no "Fraud" showed up. BASC amongst others suggest you do this and keep the copy so you have it as a reference. If you do this make sure it's kept somewhere safe. The copy proved useless to me as plods took it along with other stuff like birth certificate and medical certificate . After complaints from myself and the solicitor those two have been returned.