Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jess

Jess

Well i took the plunge and got myself a teckel pup. What do i need to start her training and what kit do i need for the many happy hunting years to come.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone 1 049.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	17414

A retractable lead and a good shovel just incase ... Lol

A radio collar but at first just have fun for a while plenty of love and attention.

must be something in the air , Ive just had a black terrier bitch pup dropped off . Names is what i struggle with , tank i had thought , she says call it buttons

Lovely wee pup , you wont regret it , I spent this eve with my wee Border pup snoozing on my chest as I watched the telly....though I am sure you will be strong and not allow such weak behaviour....NOT lol....

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    A radio collar but at first just have fun for a while plenty of love and attention.

and thats the best advice....I got caught up over the last week worrying....the dog will be your best and most loyal mate....enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    A retractable lead and a good shovel just incase ... Lol
    Sage advice!

Let her be a puppy and enjoy herself - lots of interaction with other dogs/humans/places - they can become insular if you let them! Also important not to let them get into trouble - avoid gamey ground or anywhere they are likely to bump into a deer etc.

Good luck, know you won't regret the plunge!

Thanks guys, her second jab next week and i cant wait to get her out and about.

You really don't need much kit, a good pup, plenty of patience and a good sense of humour will do nicely.

Proper little cutie, nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Lovely wee pup , you wont regret it , I spent this eve with my wee Border pup snoozing on my chest as I watched the telly....though I am sure you will be strong and not allow such weak behaviour....NOT lol....
    I have done the same most evenings with my GSP, wont be doing it much longer though at the rate she is growing