Winchester super 'x'

DazT

Bought some winchester super 'x' 80gr .243 softpoints yesterday and they were £27 for 20 :eek:
But i also bought some winchester super 'x' 150gr .308 softpoints too and they were £22 for 20

Anyone have any idea why the .243 rounds cost more than the .308 rounds??

Is it that more people shoot .243 than .308?

Daz

I did ask him and he said it was all new stock, as they get a good turn over of ammo.
I also asked about the price difference and he didn't know why either!

Have you not tried PPU/PRVI Partisan's in .243? No noticeable difference in accuracy at 100yds between these and federals, and I payed £60 for 100 rounds (£12 for 20) :)

My gun shop got them in for me on request mate - it's a popular calibre down here because of all the roe and flat land. Worth a go getting them in if you can, they look a bit rough as I think they use fireformed cases but they shoot really well.

A couple of the pro's down here use them as they do so much shooting on deer parks etc they say it saves them hundreds of pounds a year. For an obessive plinker/zero-er like me it probably saves about the same!

Just phoned 1 of the gunshops i use and the guy told me "we don't stock it as its crap" :eek:
Maybe he doesn't make any profit on it???

Weird! Maybe he's never tried it? I have to say they don't look very impressive - apart from the budget box the rounds themselves look like used cases with cheap-looking heads... In fact my mate said "They look like my wifes had a go at homeloading" :D

They shoot the same as federal premiums at 100yds though so I'm happy with them.

Knocked down a fair few deer and foxes with them so far, so confidence with them is very high.

I've just got 100 federal (hornady) .243 brass - its in the tumbler as i write :)
Got varget & N140 with cci large rifle primers so just need some .243 bullets :)

Back