Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog friendly cottage needed?

Dog friendly cottage needed?

Well we normally take the caravan but this year it is not even set up yet. With four grandchildren living locally we need to escape. September/October probably best bet. Anyone recommend one they have tried. Just my wife and self with two springers and a cocker, all housetrained ( my wife probably not include me in that statement). Jim
    Ps used to go to Greece but it is dearer to kennel the dogs than pay for the holiday.

Hi Jim,

Hoseasons do a brochure with country cottages especially for dog owners.

A few years back I booked one just outside Ullapool which was absolutely stunning.

Like everything else nowadays the brochure will probably be online.

Where are you looking at going?

Bob

Not too fussed north takes my fancy. It is a while since I have been up. I tend to like open spaces where I can stretch out the dogs. Dogs are stock friendly. Jim

Jim,
    I use this website for our accomodation when we go to Florida.

I see that they have a few listed in Scotland. Maybe worth a look. You are dealing with the owners themselves.

http://www.vrbo.com/

Bob

There,s a couple of nice cotteges in my area Jim , maybe a bit to close to home tho/
    I will pm you a name to google
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

We go here every year. They have a chalet that has a sofa bed, which will add 2 people more to the chalet.

http://halladaleinn.co.uk/

Nutty

Jim

PM sent

All the best

Jimbo,

Probably not the area you intend to visit but we have one at Greenlee in Northumberland, Dog friendly, secluded.

If you fancy Northumberland PM me.

Best regards.

Jon.

For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.
    www.greenleedeer.co.uk

If you like it a little more remote, there's a fantastic little cottage on Ardnamurchan, run by the friendliest couple and amazingly well appointed. It's actually an old Shieling, in a horse shoe shape, and there are four different "houses". The smallest takes two, and the largest takes six. The prices are pretty good and they'll look after you well. There's plenty of good walks around there too, and you're not too far from Ben Nevis, and the ferry over to Skye and the Small Isles too.

I'll pm you the web address.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    If you like it a little more remote, there's a fantastic little cottage on Ardnamurchan, run by the friendliest couple and amazingly well appointed. It's actually an old Shieling, in a horse shoe shape, and there are four different "houses". The smallest takes two, and the largest takes six. The prices are pretty good and they'll look after you well. There's plenty of good walks around there too, and you're not too far from Ben Nevis, and the ferry over to Skye and the Small Isles too.

I'll pm you the web address.

Matt

Can you PM me a web address too please.

Atb

Earl