Thread: Heads up on RCBS Bench Mounted Automatic Priming Tool

Heads up on RCBS Bench Mounted Automatic Priming Tool

I was getting knackered hands using a Lee hand primer so I bought one of these in the US in May of this year - but the primers weren't seating correctly from the feed tubes so yesterday I emailed RCBS suggesting I might be doing someting wrong, and received the following reply -

You aren’t doing anything wrong. We had some of the primer plugs leave the plant that had 1 ½ extra threads on them allowing them to screw too far into the rod leaving a much larger gap between the primer cup and the primer tube. I will send new primer plugs and sleeves to you……Please reply with your full address and we will send the primer plugs to you…….

If anyone else is having the same problem it might be worth contacting RCBS?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Jesus!!! how many rounds were you loading to get :-

""I was getting knackered hands using a Lee hand primer""

Have used the Lee hand primer for so long I wore the original linkage out. Brought the Steel replacement and it's been fine every since. Once or twice year I apply a dab of grease to the pivot points and I tend to use it so i close the lever with my thumb, just seems easier for me that way, never had a problem with hands playing up which is strange as I still have to do P
    hysio exercises to keep the left one especially working after I broke in in 83.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Jesus!!! how many rounds were you loading to get :-

""I was getting knackered hands using a Lee hand primer""

Have used the Lee hand primer for so long I wore the original linkage out. Brought the Steel replacement and it's been fine every since. Once or twice year I apply a dab of grease to the pivot points and I tend to use it so i close the lever with my thumb, just seems easier for me that way, never had a problem with hands playing up which is strange as I still have to do P
    hysio exercises to keep the left one especially working after I broke in in 83.
    My thought, too.~Muir

200 at a time in .223 for a pest controller whose foxes & deer I get to look after (no, I am not paid for the reloading).

After 100 with the Lee my hands were aching - I can do 200 with ease using the APT.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Oh well what ever suits you. I cannot recall the exact amounts I primed in one go the last few years I have tended to do trays worth.

I use the hand primer but lately have been having problems when doing more than 50 or so.
    I had thought about the RCBS bench mounted one, but also looking to see what else is available

Neil.