C L A cancelled

Your Avin a laugh last weeks grand prix was a complete wash out better off at a show ground but any where with grass parking is going to be iffy
Regards Norma

The NEC is a pretty safe alternative.. certainly weatherproof and enough real estate to 'bring the outdoors in' quite easily and effectively!

Thia is a great shame, so many people put such a huge amount of effort into this event, and like it or leave it, it is the showcase event for all country sports in the U.K. and of recent years abroad as well.

This is only the second time I believe this has happened, but a wise move to cancel now rather than end up with a total mud bath over the 3 days.

What weather we have had!! lets hope next month improves, although I wouldnt plan on any significant improvement in the weather if you are planning a big outdoor party or BBQ.

I just spoke to the editorial staff at wild und hund magazine in Germany told them to inform any German hunters not to come over for the show, she said it will be put on the home page & twittered & facebooked today, so there is no need for anyone else to bother them about it.
Seemed a logical thing to do.
There are usually a lot of Americans and Swedes in gunmakers row looking for bargains so can anyone else do the honours for them too?
Martin

Oh dear me! fancied a trip up this year. Not looking to good for the Royal Welsh.

Its very wet around Builth at the moment, but fingers crossed they go ahead.

http://www.rwas.co.uk/en/society/news/royal-welsh-show-will-go-on-2012

The countryside care section can get a little damp but the rest of the showground is largely unaffected by the weather. It will be interesting to see how the new drainage system for the main arena has coped. The principle concern is car parking. I imagine they have reserve grounds available as they did the last time every other show was cancelled.

I was thinking of buying a speargun for my future stalking ADVENTURES in the UK now it is cancelled where will I get it from and which web site can give me the info about minimum energy levels available "not on a par with going bowhunting methinks"
MARTIN

http://www.rwas.co.uk/en/society/news/royal-welsh-show-will-go-on-2012

The countryside care section can get a little damp but the rest of the showground is largely unaffected by the weather. It will be interesting to see how the new drainage system for the main arena has coped. The principle concern is car parking. I imagine they have reserve grounds available as they did the last time every other show was cancelled.

very true, the missus has worked it a few times and the tractors did a sterling job pulling visitors out of the carparks.

Back