Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullets

Bullets

Which hunting bullets do you think are the best,I am currently using 85gr nos bal tips at the mo in my 25-06,I am getting amazing accuracy from them and they do the bis hunting,I would still say though Hornaday v Max's are the best I've used.

I think you've hit nail on the head there. I've found noslers to be best for hunting, with v max performing just as well.

Sadly Nosler dropped one of their best bullets the Solid Base bullet. Speer Hot Cor are also excellent as are Hornady Interlocks.

I use 100gn Sierra Prohunter #1620 in my .25-06. Great accuracy & never been disappointed in the performance. Used them for around 12 years now & taken Red stags, lots of hinds & Sika with them. They're certainly man enough for the job.
    Never tried a lighter weight bullet though and certainly wouldn't on larger deer. Cheers.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    I use 100gn Sierra Prohunter #1620 in my .25-06. Great accuracy & never been disappointed in the performance. Used them for around 12 years now & taken Red stags, lots of hinds & Sika with them. They're certainly man enough for the job.
    Never tried a lighter weight bullet though and certainly wouldn't on larger deer. Cheers.
    Hi

I have been also looking at the Sierra Prohunter for my .25-06 in 100gr & 117gr, have you tried the 117gr as that was the way i was looking at going...??

Thanks

Richard

I use the 117gr Sierra Gamekings through my 25-06.

Shot alot of Fallow & Sika with good results.

DA
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

85 grain through a 25-06. Shifting I would imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Which hunting bullets do you think are the best,I am currently using 85gr nos bal tips at the mo in my 25-06,I am getting amazing accuracy from them and they do the bis hunting,I would still say though Hornaday v Max's are the best I've used.
    I have tried just about all bullets for the 25-06 and have settled on 115gr BTs I currently load for 4 25-06 rifles (2 family rifles and 2 friends) and all of them without exception shoot fantastically well with these bullets. The terminal ballistics are first rate too on all deer from muntjac through to Red Stags.

All of the rifles shoot best with IMR 4350 at max book powder weights

Hi Kevin
    Aren't the hunting weight Nosler BT's an equivalent of the old solid base?
    Or am I missing something?
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Sadly Nosler dropped one of their best bullets the Solid Base bullet. Speer Hot Cor are also excellent as are Hornady Interlocks.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I am currently using 85gr nos bal tips at the mo in my 25-06,I am getting amazing accuracy from them and they do the bis hunting,I would still say though Hornaday v Max's are the best I've used.
    What 'hunting are we talking about? Both the examples above are 'varmint' type bullets, so no doubt excellent explosive performance on the little critters when driven at high(ish) velocities, but I should think might leave a few too many fragments in some deer - especially if they hit a decent bone etc.

How about the .257 100 or 110gr Nosler Hunting BT for deer as suggested above?