Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold QR bases and mounts

Leupold QR bases and mounts

Do any of you chaps use the leupold QR bases and mounts not the weaver type but the type with the leaver on the base? How do you find the accuracy when the scope has been removed and replaced? Last night I was finishing of zeroing my WSSM after getting it zero'd I removed the scope replaced it, and the next shot went 1" high, thinking it was me I waited 5 mins and tried again, same 1" high..

Nutty

You had better get that sorted before you come down here as my missus says 1" makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    You had better get that sorted before you come down here as my missus says 1" makes all the difference.

You have better check that you have no dirt or debris between ring and base.

Yes I do own a rifle with the lever operated Q/R function:-

and no I have not had you issue with it.

Cheers Brit done that. I only dettached the scope and imediately re-mounted, but that was a thought at the time.

nutty

If this is the first time it was removed, although rather unlikely seeing as how the levers cam the base down, are you sure it was seated properly the first time?

I would be checking it a few more times.

I did have to have the bases fitted to my Parker-Hale as it seem Leupold do more than one Mauser type and we got the wrong ones. The bases ddi not fit the contour of the receiver perfectly. They do now after being "fitted".

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    If this is the first time it was removed, although rather unlikely seeing as how the levers cam the base down, are you sure it was seated properly the first time?

I would be checking it a few more times.

That is a possibility Im looking at. There is several factors that are pulling me to this conclusion. There is also another factor Im thinking about. Both will be re-tested over the next day or so..

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    That is a possibility Im looking at. There is several factors that are pulling me to this conclusion. There is also another factor Im thinking about. Both will be re-tested over the next day or so..

Nutty
    I am sure your chase it down. Q/R set ups often need more care in fitting and setting up than bog standard mounts if they are to work as designed.

i use them on a switch barrel with great results.

1" isnt huge though
    did you repeat to see what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    i use them on a switch barrel with great results.

1" isnt huge though
    did you repeat to see what happened?
    Im zeroing at 1" high so thats making poi 2" high at 100yds, thats not acceptable for me. Im going at it again tomorrow. Heres hoping.

nutty