Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator recommendation for M03

Moderator recommendation for M03

I'm awaiting delivery of my 1st rifle, a Mauser M03 Exteme adjustable. I would like to hear what moderators people would suggest? The rifle has a match. Artel and will be used for both staking and range work, so I would like something that will last but is not too heavy.
    Dom

Has it been factory threaded with m14 x 1 and the foresight left on? If so the sl5 is the best talk to Jackson Rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Has it been factory threaded with m14 x 1 and the foresight left on? If so the sl5 is the best talk to Jackson Rifles.
    Factory threaded but no open sights on the match barrel, so could take a reflex mod.

be carefull as factory also thread 15x1 depending on caliber & barrel weight

Quote Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
    be carefull as factory also thread 15x1 depending on caliber & barrel weight
    Thanks for reminding me, just looked and the M03 Target also comes with M17x1. So that 3 different threads so far. Thread aside any suggestion on a Mod?

well ive got a 7x64 sporter barrel thats got a third eye tactical sparton mod on it its good no dought about it, and ive just brought a 223 macth barrel & ive orderd a hardy centerfire mod for that so ill see how good that is when it arrives i have handeld one & i thought the sparton was light but the hardy is quit a lot lighter and looks very well made

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    ...so the sl5 is the best talk to Jackson Rifles.
    An AU-SL5 in .30 cal with the appropriate thread would be my recommendation. There's one in my gallery. Good luck. JCS

Cheers JCS
    looks really compact and light, very good attenuation too.

I believe Rupert of 'Open Season', the Mauser importer, is in the throes of marketing a moderator for his range of rifles.
    Have you considered speaking to him, he will also know the thread for your particular barrel.

Thanks EMcC, I'll drop him an email and ask for info, my rifle not due until early September, so I be got a bit of time.