Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Blaser R8 confusion - help please

  1. #1

    Blaser R8 confusion - help please

    I'm getting slightly confused...

    I have an R8 pro in 6.5x55 in a standard non fluted profile. Will I just be able to swap the barrel out for a .300WM barrel or will I need a separate stock?

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. #2
    Provided the other barrel is for an R8 then they will interchange.
    The fact one is fluted and the other not makes no difference.
    The R8 barrels are not interchangeable with the R93 and vice versa.

  3. #3
    You only have to worry if you want to fit a match barrel they have a different profile that requires a different stock.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    You only have to worry if you want to fit a match barrel they have a different profile that requires a different stock.
    Ah yes, judging by the calibres I assumed that you had 'sporter' barrels.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Ah yes, judging by the calibres I assumed that you had 'sporter' barrels.
    He does say standard barrel in his original post so you are totally correct. I was just taking it one step further as I expect that was where the confusion came from

  6. #6
    Best to state it twice and make it clear than not at all

  7. #7
    Thanks chaps

    Yes, I have the standard profile barrel in 6.5 not the semi weight. The Blaser site says all the standard profiles are 17mm. but I assumed the barrel for the .300WM would be a larger overall diameter. Just wanted to be clear before I splash out on a .300WM barrel and find it won't go in my stock!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Thanks chapsYes, I have the standard profile barrel in 6.5 not the semi weight. The Blaser site says all the standard profiles are 17mm. but I assumed the barrel for the .300WM would be a larger overall diameter. Just wanted to be clear before I splash out on a .300WM barrel and find it won't go in my stock!
    To be on the safe side take the stock with you or if the one you are buying is not local ask your local dealer if he has one you can look at.

Similar Threads

  1. Blaser R8 help please
    By Vipa in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 21:49
  2. Blaser r8
    By chriseoe in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 09:05
  3. Blaser R8
    By steveford1 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-12-2010, 15:01
  4. Blaser r8
    By musty in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 23:18
  5. Blaser R8
    By Bestman in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-05-2010, 20:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •