Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scottish stalkers told to get qualified

scottish stalkers told to get qualified

artical in augusts sporting rifle, scottish deer stalkers have been challenged to take the deer stalking certificate level 1 or they may see laws introduced making them officially register and undertake a competence course before going out on the hill under the wild and natural enviroment scotland act 2011, scottish natural heritage must carry out a comprtence review in 2014 ,basically what they are saying the best way to avoid all the the red tape is to do dsc 1

I wonder who we could get to keep the database of all the registered stalkers ..................................

Jobs for the boys yet again.

Well it will probably be self regulating. Flo needs to see your certificate before deer on your fac. No deer no stalking.

dont think that will happen 1 if there are 10.000 stalkers all rushing to get there ds1 all the rest waiting to do theres have guns specifiyed for stalking which they cant use on eney thing else are the police going to reimburse all the stalkers who dont want to do the ds1 ie pay for there guns as they will be no good for bunney bashing bad idea me thinks and why start in scotland every time it us first bla de bla im not doing it end off doing the ds1 will not maik you a better deer stalker there are stalkers who have shot all ther lives for a living without eney ds1/ds2 just my 2sents

Quote Originally Posted by roering View Post
    artical in augusts sporting rifle, scottish deer stalkers have been challenged to take the deer stalking certificate level 1 or they may see laws introduced making them officially register and undertake a competence course before going out on the hill under the wild and natural enviroment scotland act 2011, scottish natural heritage must carry out a comprtence review in 2014 ,basically what they are saying the best way to avoid all the the red tape is to do dsc 1
    Maybe people should just stop moaning and go and get their DSC1, they may even learn something..........

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Maybe people should just stop moaning and go and get their DSC1, they may even learn something..........
    +1

I emailed SNH about this, it's not going to happen. The wane act dictates that a review of competency levels and deer welfare issues must be undertaken in 2014. Training providers have gotten together in light of this and decided to push people into dscone 'voluntarily' so that levels are high enough and change is not necessary.

I posted the emails that I sent and recieved in a thread called 'minimum training standards' in the training section. They're on the last page. Read them and make up your own mind.

It will happen and has happend if you are not qualified you will loose the right to shoot deer. 2014 is were SNH will decide if the voluntary sector can make it work ( best option for them) if not and there is no real push they will move in and set there own tests. (they dont want that)

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    dont think that will happen 1 if there are 10.000 stalkers all rushing to get there ds1 all the rest waiting to do theres have guns specifiyed for stalking which they cant use on eney thing else are the police going to reimburse all the stalkers who dont want to do the ds1 ie pay for there guns as they will be no good for bunney bashing bad idea me thinks and why start in scotland every time it us first bla de bla im not doing it end off doing the ds1 will not maik you a better deer stalker there are stalkers who have shot all ther lives for a living without eney ds1/ds2 just my 2sents
    I'm sure they would just say that as of 20xx it will be law that DSC 1 is required to stalk deer, giving at least couple of years for all the non dsc1 holders to go out and get it before deer are removed from their licence.
    Last edited by mj robson; 14-07-2012 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    dont think that will happen 1 if there are 10.000 stalkers all rushing to get there ds1 all the rest waiting to do theres have guns specifiyed for stalking which they cant use on eney thing else are the police going to reimburse all the stalkers who dont want to do the ds1 ie pay for there guns
    Oh, you mean like they did when hand guns were banned !!!!