Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trigger overhaul

trigger overhaul

I require some advice here please. I recently purchased a Sako L61R which had been rebarreled, but the trigger unit could do with some TLC.Is it possible to get the necessary parts to overhaul the trigger myself, or have it done by someone? Should I just get a replacement unit and fit it? I was hoping to keep the rifle as original as possible.Include contact details of suppliers or person able to do it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Hunterjohnb; 14-07-2012 at 08:46.

Hi Hunterjohnb. I have a rifle basics and a timney on my rifles they were only 150 ish each fitted and set to my pressure. It might not be what your looking for but it an option to look at cheers Hootsman

Thanks Hootsman,will do that as a last resort.As I said I hope to keep original trigger if possible provided price is not prohibitive.

Hunter j, sako will sell you a kit of screws and springs for a 61 trigger. i have a pack sitting in my boxes somewhere from a similiar experience.

Hello Mountains, Can you let me know where you bought them please. If you can't remember, would you be prepared to sell your set. I tried GMK but had no success with them.They said parts are no longer available.I even tried for a new trigger from them. The one they sent to the RFD was a T3 unit.
    Last edited by Hunterjohnb; 16-07-2012 at 08:39. Reason: additional information required

If you need any advice, you could ask on the Sako Collectors club.
    Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterjohnb View Post
    Hello Mountains, Can you let me know where you bought them please. If you can't remember, would you be prepared to sell your set. I tried GMK but had no success with them.They said parts are no longer available.I even tried for a new trigger from them. The one they sent to the RFD was a T3 unit.
    Your problem is GMK. Try e-mailing Sako direct.

I have L61 R in 270 win which i put a Timney on - needed abit of wood removed for the safety but very happy with result.( I couldnt get genuine spare from GMK). Only problem is that the tang of the safety does not cover the red dot. I really enjoy using the Sako light really pointable and recently fitted with Lawrence Aurora Moderator which has tamed it down.What caliber is yours?

Hunter j if i can find them, its yours. wait until after the week end.

Hello Chiron,mine was rebarreled in 30.06. There was a mid weight Lothar Walther 26" fluted barrel fitted to it when I bought it. It is a little heavy for stalking but I enjoy using it.
    Last edited by Hunterjohnb; 19-07-2012 at 08:07. Reason: incorrect spelling