Thread: Quick release mounts

Quick release mounts

Looking to see if there is anything on the market?

What I have is a rugger 10/22 with a day scope, I have purchased a ATN410 night vision scope to do some close range night time bunny bashing but I also want to be able to interchange between the two easily without having to re-zero each time.

Is there anything out there which will allow "click on click off" type of fixture to a weaver rail mount?

I know it's Hollywood but you see these shooters opening up a case and assembling a rifle on a roof top and the scope snaps into position "bang" 400 yrd kill. I reiterate YES I know it's Hollywood but does this type of fixing exist or is it just BS

Thanks in advance
    Seeker

leupold quick detachable mounts are ok, as are apel if your budget wil stretch that far, not sure about weaver bases, but I'm sure warne would produce something to interchange with. They do hold close to zero, though I'm not convinced I would trust in that without some serious testing on targets first. They generally reckon on returning to within half to quater inch of original zero, not a massive issue on a chest shot red, but head shot bunnies might have a giggle at your expense!

http://www.zp-einhakmontage.de/front...p?changelang=2

The contra claw hook will be O.K Perfect return to zero and not necessary in Hollywood. Also EAW ( Apel) , MAK and Recknagel make very good detachable mounts.

i use the Leupold ones on a sako quad (all rimfire)
    I only shoot bunnies in the head and am so confident in the system I rarely re-zero

hi bud your going to have to rezero trust me im ex soviet bazare employe and in all my years with night vision asembley using myself never comes back on zero when removed leupold mounts are ok i have them on my tikka super varmint it has long weaver rail as standard if i remove the day scope when re mounted im 8shots to get it back to zero with the n/v can be up to 20rounds so i have dedicated n/v gun and day gun wish you luck onley way is to have n/v ad on behind day scope no change in zero pvs14 etc and you must have side paralax scope and lazeriluminator to work will get you to 300yards on a good night

Why not look at a nv add on like an archer?

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    leupold mounts are ok i have them on my tikka super varmint it has long weaver rail as standard if i remove the day scope when re mounted im 8shots to get it back to zero with the n/v can be up to 20rounds so i have dedicated n/v gun and day gun wish you luck onley way is to have n/v ad on behind day scope no change in zero pvs14 etc and you must have side paralax scope and lazeriluminator to work will get you to 300yards on a good night
    think you are referring to the weaver roll off style rather than the true "return to zero" style. you would have to do some custom work to get them to fit a NV scope
    but even so, 20 rounds is an awful lot to rezero

I think Alan Rhone has some but they are pricey!

David.