Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Doe with twins

  1. #1

    Doe with twins

    Iv been watching a doe with twins now for a couple of weeks. they have taken up residence in a silage field next to my lease. . . . was watching them tonight for nearly an hour just as the sun went down . . . . . what a pleasure. I had it in the back of my mind that maybe a buck would show up but to no avail . . . . nevertheless surely sights like that are what stalking is all about.

  2. #2
    There's a Doe with twins on one of my permissions too, same here sat and watched them from behind a dry stone dyke with cover from about 75yards, took a call on the mobile which was on silent when I had finished the Doe had walked up the other side of the dyke and was standing about 10ft away watching me..Absolutely stunning to see these animals and study their habits. Definetly not only about shooting them!!!


    Alba gu brąth

    Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under
    .

  3. #3
    Cadex bang on the money and i am sure over the next week or so you will also see a buck with her as a bonus.

  4. #4
    We were watching a Doe with well grown tripplets last week on some scrub hillside, then saw Does with twins that were half as far on as these 3 were. There must have been a big gap between their births yet they were in the same area.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    There's a Doe with twins on one of my permissions too, same here sat and watched them from behind a dry stone dyke with cover from about 75yards, took a call on the mobile which was on silent when I had finished the Doe had walked up the other side of the dyke and was standing about 10ft away watching me..Absolutely stunning to see these animals and study their habits. Definetly not only about shooting them!!!
    Absolutley Sporron jackfish, I have doing the same recently, makes you appreciate what a privelige it is to be out in "The Field"

  6. #6
    Took a mate out yesterday evening to sit on some cubs, as we had plenty of time I decided to try for a buck first.
    It didnt take long and we got close in on a fine 2 year old 6 pointer, my mate kept expecting it to drop but it never happend and we watched it make its way across a tram line in some rape for half an hour.
    ''Why didnt you shoot it''? he asked which my reply was ''did you want me to''? after a moments though he said ''no I could have watched it for hours.
    I explained to him that the greatest enjoyment for me was watching deer not squeezing the trigger and could be just as happy shooting them with a camera(plus im letting the little lad mature into something special hopefully)
    The evening prior I took wife and child out for dinner, on the way I made a little detour to where I expected some Fallow to be out feeding. Parking up I spied 3 mature bucks in the barley 200 yards off including a fine master buck, I handed them both a pair of binos and pointed them out to which I got lots of gasps and wows and how lucky they were to see them, think the wife started to understand why I love my stalking.
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

    IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

  7. #7
    I saw some VERY interesting photos today that a friend of mine took of a Muntjac Doe with twins! Apart from a few claims in the past, I don't believe there has ever been a proven case that this can happen? The series of photos showed two identical sized young spotty fawns which were both being fed and cleaned by the mother. Full details will be published soon I believe. I'm not prepared to disclose anything further than this, so please don't ask!
    MS

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I saw some VERY interesting photos today that a friend of mine took of a Muntjac Doe with twins! Apart from a few claims in the past, I don't believe there has ever been a proven case that this can happen? The series of photos showed two identical sized young spotty fawns which were both being fed and cleaned by the mother. Full details will be published soon I believe. I'm not prepared to disclose anything further than this, so please don't ask!
    MS
    Very interesting MS, where will the details be published so we can look out for it?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I saw some VERY interesting photos today that a friend of mine took of a Muntjac Doe with twins! Apart from a few claims in the past, I don't believe there has ever been a proven case that this can happen? The series of photos showed two identical sized young spotty fawns which were both being fed and cleaned by the mother. Full details will be published soon I believe. I'm not prepared to disclose anything further than this, so please don't ask!
    MS

    I just saw the picture in the Summer issue of "Deer"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I just saw the picture in the Summer issue of "Deer"
    Yep, that's it.
    Sadly the picture in the magazine is very poor! Martin showed me the whole series of pictures yesterday full size and there is no doubt that this is anything other than a genuine case of surviving Muntjac twins! Imagine how many there will be if this becomes normal??!!!
    MS

Similar Threads

  1. Twins in fallow
    By woodfordfallow in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 13:13
  2. Twins
    By The Seeker in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 12:28
  3. Doe with twins
    By Tony in forum Photos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-06-2011, 11:47
  4. Roe doe and twins pt1 & 2
    By re'M'ington in forum Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-06-2011, 20:40
  5. Roe twins
    By W16OEN in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-05-2011, 08:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •