Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the rain over the weekend!!

What did you do in the rain over the weekend!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120713_150456.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	853.2 KB 
ID:	17482

Well heres the latest high seat addition to one of the estates I manage, kept us all busy over the weekend along with other high seat maintenance. Thanks to me old mate Wadda's for the design work and delivery and to Ken and the new apprentice Joe for helping out over the weekend.

I have sited this double seat in a large open area where there have been a good number of Fallow walking through and coming out to graze. Hopefully it will account for a few prickets in the up coming rut and some does in the winter .
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

You mean you had rain???

A very sturdy looking job Malc, .... much nicer than some I've used!, rain doesn't normally keep me in, but "Normal" has not applied to the recent weather sytems we have been suffering has it?,.... I decided to improve my prospects with regards shooting from the little buggy, some scrap from the bin in the w/shop, allied with a fibreglass item from a chemical works walkway, no fixings, just drops onto the towball.p.s. the sheep were about to be moved to drier pasture!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

got a peice of canvas and sail needles out ,and made a gun cover that will fold up to fit in my pocket .

Went fishing up to the river Brora.

Over 30 salmon and grilse caught for the 4 rods for the week up to 20lbs. Some of us are happy when it pours down...

well done bri i hope they where caught on fly mate.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Went stalking

There was a window of opportunity on Saturday morning - between 04:30 and 07:30 - when the rain ceased and the sun shone. I spent 30 minutes of that time waiting with my back to a tree and the rifle up on the sticks, watching over a field of set aside where the grass was high. This buck appeared on the far side of the field and made his way towards me. I'd lose him occasionally as he disappeared into the undulations of the ground and was obscured by grass. Finally he presented a suitable neck shot. He's not that big, but the extra tine at the base of his left antler is unusual, so likely I will boil the head out rather than just cutting off the antlers.

Carrying him out I realised just how warm it was, but by the time I got him back to the larder the rain had returned.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Went fishing up to the river Brora.

Over 30 salmon and grilse caught for the 4 rods for the week up to 20lbs. Some of us are happy when it pours down...
    Fantastic! I'm hoping it will still be as good in September when we're up there.

I still think there's little in life to compare with that pull on the line and you realise "fish on"

willie_gunn

Dom, BIG doesn't always mean beautiful!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Dom, BIG doesn't always mean beautiful!
    As I explained to Mrs w_g

willie_gunn