Thread: Bait station

Bait station

Does anyone make there own deer feed/attractant. I have a couple of area's i need to start feeding.
    I have 4L of mollasis and a cement mixing, what else do I need? I also have access to horse feed as long as the missus doesnt catch me.

Thanks in advance

What would you hope to feed/attract in July?

It is hard enough to see deer at the moment because of the height of their feed!

you have all you need, any thing else like aniseed with a smell and have enough so they dont eat it quickly and then bugger off, sheep and cattle feed blocks work well as they come for the minerals, also in the summer young deer play with salt licks tied to a tree ,
    have fun.
    You may allready know but dont shoot them where they are feeding or on the way to the feed ,once you know where they are going shoot them when they have left,

What would you hope to feed/attract in July?

The 1st Aug is 2 weeks away.
    Last edited by wag; 16-07-2012 at 07:38.

just build a platform with a loading ramp that clears the bracken/grass, you can even set up a steel plate on one side so you don't have to worry about backstop. just wait for the deer to walk up on it and start feeding, then BANG, 800yds headshot whilst wearing a ghillie suit and a loupie MK4 dialled in - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    just build a platform with a loading ramp that clears the bracken/grass, you can even set up a steel plate on one side so you don't have to worry about backstop. just wait for the deer to walk up on it and start feeding, then BANG, 800yds headshot whilst wearing a ghillie suit and a loupie MK4 dialled in - LOL.
    PMSL

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Thanks for your help COCK

Quote Originally Posted by wag View Post
    Thanks for your help COCK
    You're welcome........

I use Cairngorn Deer feed comes in 20kg bags and the wild fallow go mad for it.