Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: range finder

range finder

Thinking of getting a rangefinder ,can anyone recommend a good one.they look similar to binos(more you pay better you get ie minox compared to zeiss)however only have about 250 to spend.looked at redfield and bushnell but have never used one ,so even abit of knowledge about them as a practical tool would be of useful.cheers people,look forward to your comments and views(bad or good)

I bought an MTC rapier from the Midland gamefair...

It claims to be accurate out to 700yds but it struggles to get a reading off anything over 400yds unless it's a large, flat smooth surface, like the side of a truck or a motorway sign, even then 700yds is optomistic.
    Anything under 400yds and it's bang on (comparison done with Leica rf binoculars) but that's more than enough for what I use it for anyway. You could get two for your budget
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I have a Leica LRF 800 RANGEMASTER. [ Can be switched between metres and yards.]
    An excellent piece of gear, you should find one on here if you pop up an advert.

HWH.

I use a Bushnell Scout 1000, no complaints, seems to be reliable as to accuracy when compared to other rangefinders and when judged against known distances
    Dead easy on the batteries too, mine is still on the originals after a couple of years (infrequent) use
    Fits nicely in the top pocket of a deer hunter montana jacket, which is handy
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

I also use a Leica LRF 800 RANGEMASTER which has excellent optics and is very accurate.

For the money your looking to spend, you should be able to get one. I paid 200.00 for mine S/H

ATB

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I also use a Leica LRF 800 RANGEMASTER which has excellent optics and is very accurate.

For the money your looking to spend, you should be able to get one. I paid 200.00 for mine S/H

ATB

Tom
    Ditto +1

leupold rainge finder binoculars glass is very good when stalking and the rainge finder has gon to 900yards dont bother with the leupold single unit could onley get to 400yards max the binoculars are very good

August Sporting Gun had a write up on the Tasco VLRF Rangefinder which apparently sell for 165.95 (www.yorkguns.com) Haven't tried it myself but the write up was favourable and noted that it only weighed 7oz.

I have a bushnell rangefinder pro for sale 100 plus postage if interested pm me . i have upgraded to r/f binos.