Thread: T8 and Rusting

T8 and Rusting

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have been told that the T8 tends to rust quite easily and I was informed that giving it a spray of WD40 when its been out in the wet will help stop this. My question is I used to use ACF50 on my motorcross bike to stop rust would this be suitable on the T8?

Thanks

So long as you take steps to ensure mod not harbouring any volatile vapour - ie big squirt and immediately using - likely be ok.

Personally not keen on WD40 - great for creating evocative imagine as Peter H Capstick uncases his Berretta/ Winchester M12 to go mano et felis with a wounded leopard though - many things seem to work better.

Had a lot of success coating internals with Militec.

Key is to take off any covers - especially the neoprene ones and get thorough dry before storing.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    So long as you take steps to ensure mod not harbouring any volatile vapour - ie big squirt and immediately using - likely be ok.

Personally not keen on WD40 - great for creating evocative imagine as Peter H Capstick uncases his Berretta/ Winchester M12 to go mano et felis with a wounded leopard though - many things seem to work better.

Had a lot of success coating internals with Militec.

Key is to take off any covers - especially the neoprene ones and get thorough dry before storing.
    Thanks for that! Sorry for one more stupid question but do I spray both inside and out?

Yes mate spray both inside and out and leave it off the rifle when not in use. I normally give a quick spray from both ends.