Thread: high tower

high tower

On our lease we put up some towers and some pallet boxes i have been looking around for some sort of seating that would be suitable to allow you to move more freely, yesterday i was working on a job and came across a few office chairs in a skip tried them out and found they would be perfect because they rotate and ajust up and down BUT don't forget to take off the wheels.

Been using old office chairs as you describe for years, just keep them dry, even when damp the soon grow the mould. I've covered the seat & back cushion of mine in cling film (industrial strength used for wrapping stacked pallets for transportation) and gaffer tape. Looked after they last for years, keep the swivel base greased and you can move around silently as well.
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Been using old office chairs as you describe for years, just keep them dry, even when damp the soon grow the mould. I've covered the seat & back cushion of mine in cling film (industrial strength used for wrapping stacked pallets for transportation) and gaffer tape. Looked after they last for years, keep the swivel base greased and you can move around silently as well.
    Wingy
    +1.

My office must have thrown out nearly 100 of them. My mate had some free standing towers that he built from scaffolding that now have got these office chairs on them.

Cheers

Ross

I think office chairs, rain and snow don't go to well. soggy bum comes into mind

office chair use an old lorry inner tube remove seat slide the cover on on re-bolt seat to base happy days

ill have to try that, good idea.

I also have been using office chairs for years , but I take the comfy cloth seat off and put on a plastic seat from a stack chair with a couple of 1/2" holes in to let any water drain if I forget to lean it up on the side .

When not in use keep the seat upside down, put a fertilizer sack over the seat and back to save a damp behind