Thread: Zeiss HD conquest vs swarovski EL in 8x42

Zeiss HD conquest vs swarovski EL in 8x42

I am looking for a pair of binoculars and narrowed it down to the above two. The price difference is massive but I am not sure if the difference in performance/ durability/ service are significant. Has anyone used the above models and compared them. I can afford the swarovski but the question is, is it worth it?

hi without a doubt swarovski, there back up service is second to none, i had a slight problem with my 8.5x42 rang swarovski and told the nice lady my problem no worries she says send them to me and i will sort it out even offered a replacement pair while my own were away.

Hi

The best advice I can give is try and find somewhere local to you that has both. Have a look through them back to back. As I work for Zeiss I have used the CONQUEST HD's a lot and they are a great pair of Bino's and I've used them in most light condictions.
    I have had various people using these and comparing them to both Leica and Swarovski and also others in our own range and they have all been impressed how well the compare and by the quality of the CONQUEST
    if you want to find someone near to you for Zeiss drop me a message.

Regards Jon

I don't think you will beat swarovski,I've got 10x42's and they are amazing.

Thanks Jon. I tried the Zeiss in 10x42 but found them a bit of a strain on the eye compared to the EL 8.5x42. Unfortunately the local shop did not have the conquest in 8x42

Quote Originally Posted by Bdswest View Post
    Hi

The best advice I can give is try and find somewhere local to you that has both. Have a look through them back to back. As I work for Zeiss I have used the CONQUEST HD's a lot and they are a great pair of Bino's and I've used them in most light condictions.
    I have had various people using these and comparing them to both Leica and Swarovski and also others in our own range and they have all been impressed how well the compare and by the quality of the CONQUEST
    if you want to find someone near to you for Zeiss drop me a message.

Regards Jon

Hi,

I bought a Ziess 10x56 last yer. Really good......(And the boster)

Well the Zeiss in only offering 10 yers warrenty......?

I think Swaro if offering a longer period........if You want to keep it for a loooooong time.

TheDanishHunter

Zeiss offer a 10 year warranty because under European law that is the longest they are allowed to offer. It is the same with Leica and all other companies which manufacture products in countries which are part of the EU.

Zeiss are made in Germany and Leica are made in Germany and Portugal.....all members of the EU. I am sure Austria is also part of the EU !!!

Zeiss tend to honour the warranty for a lot longer than the 10 years they are allowed.

Dear garymh,

Thanks You learned me something. I did not knew.
    Anyway i was offered longer w-time for a Sw. But i preferred the Zeiss....and still do.
    ( for the riffle i am looking for a Leupold 3-18 vx6....lifetime warrenty ....I hope)

TDH

i have both the zeiss rangefinders,and the swarovski rangefinders,i can assure you in every situation the swaros are away better,cheers.