Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we aloud to make our own moderator ?????

Are we aloud to make our own moderator ?????

Hello, OK a simple question am i aloud to make my own centre fire moderator and put it on my ticket as i have the slot, cad engineerd very good quality better than t8 how do i go about doing this to keep within the law, it is for my own use not for sale so no proving required. Or is it only gunsmith rfd that can produce them.
    cheers

I think there is somthing in the Firearms Act about only RFD's can manufacture pressure bearing components

Just make it and enter it on your ticket as unknown make.... I'm sure it's not illegal anyway but who's ever going to know who made it?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Just make it and enter it on your ticket as unknown make.... I'm sure it's not illegal anyway but who's ever going to know who made it?
    Hi Si, Ys i know what you mean but they could say were did you buy this from. Or how did you come into possession of this cheers,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    I think there is somthing in the Firearms Act about only RFD's can manufacture pressure bearing components
    Is a moderator a 'pressure-bearing component'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Is a moderator a 'pressure-bearing component'?
    Yes i think so.

+ 1 Si I have a modon my 22 rimmy cert says make unknown had it for years
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Hi Si, Ys i know what you mean but they could say were did you buy this from. Or how did you come into possession of this cheers,,,
    You bought it off me, and I bought it off a stall at a gamefair but can't remember what it was called
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

ah exmarksman has apoint
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Yes i think so.
    On what grounds, I wonder?

The reason the FLD concerns itself with sound moderators is that when they are used as 'accessories to' a firearm, they are covered by S57 (1) c. of the Firearms Act.

'Components' are covered by S57 (1) b, so may be assumed not to include moderators: which are not subject to control unless they are 'an accessory to' a firearm, which as far as I can tell means that they are attached to one.