Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be wary of Sportsman Gun Centre's "supposed" sale!

Thumbs down Be wary of Sportsman Gun Centre's "supposed" sale!

I want a mil-dot scope for my .22LR and have been looking at what is on offer. I am not going to put a high end scope on it as I cannot afford it, and really they don't need anything too wonderful. I have a perfectly serviceable Nikko Sterling and a Kassnar, but neither are mil-dot.

Anyway back to the plot. I received an email from The Sportsman Gun Centre advertising their Game Fair sale. There is a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 advertised for 124, reduced from 230. + 10.99 for a mil-dot reticle, making it 134.99.

I did my due diligence and googled the scope. Imagine my surprise when the same scope can be found for 89.99 delivered to my door.

Caveat Emptor!

Simon

Not seen this, but I often see Austalian wine @ 5 reduced from 10. One of the miscreants admitted on television that it is really 5 wine so you are paying full price for a tummy ache.

There is no such thing as a free lunch and if a deal looks too good to be true it probably is!

never use them again ,was promised a pair of minox binos as part of a gun/scope deal ,stilll waiting and they sent the wrong mounts liars liars and useless.will use swillingtons or northallerton if i need anything

Irish Bob

Most of the major supermarkets are up to this scam; or is this who you are referring to?

Frank

They are the fellas.

They are quite local to me and i would tell everyone to avoid them like the plague! I wanted a new tumbler the other day and knew i would get it from the shop i always use as he is very good for price and reliable (his name is James Simpson and the shop is called "Blue Fox Glade" and they are in Chawleigh, Devon have a look at the website) anyway out of interest i had a look to see how much the sportsman were charging, 130 for the Lyman 1200 pro, as i had not rung James at that point i thought to myself "blimey they have gone up a bit" the next day i ring James to make sure he had one in stock and to check the price and guess what 65!!!! Now come on twice the price is a complete p*ss take!! What i cant believe is how people still keep going there, i can see how James drives a land rover and Mr Lamburn drives an Aston Martin!

Was interested in the deal they are running at the moment for a free pair of minix binos with a Zeis scope I am thinking of buying,

Has there been a problem with this deal or sgc in general?

The scope is a duralyt and not seen it cheaper elsewhere, although same price at uttings.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Was interested in the deal they are running at the moment for a free pair of minix binos with a Zeis scope I am thinking of buying,

The scope is a duralyt and not seen it cheaper elsewhere, although same price at uttings.
    Very over inflated prices and very rarely in stock anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post

buy it off uttings ,gary lamburn is not a man of his word

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    Very over inflated prices and very rarely in stock anyway!
    Not sure if they have them in stock but be very interested to know if anyone's selling duralyt 3-12 x 50 for cheaper (SGC are doing them for 598 at the moment). As I said, Uttings have them for the same price at the moment but they weren't offering the free binos. I contacted uttings to see if they would offer some sort of incentive for me to buy from them rather than SGC and the answer was a definitive no.