Thread: Best Deal for Zeiss Duralyt???

Best Deal for Zeiss Duralyt???

I'm thinking of getting a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x50 and the best price i have seen so far is 598. This price is the same at uttings and at Sportsman Gun Centre, but at SGC they are doing a deal at the moment for a free pair of minox binos with the rifle scope.

Based on the above i'd be tempted to go the the SGC deal but on another thread I have been informed that SGC are not a very good company to deal with. I have no experience of them myself so anyone able to set my mind at rest?

Also anyone seen duralyt cheaper than the above price??

Thanks for any help
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x50 and the best price i have seen so far is 598. This price is the same at uttings and at Sportsman Gun Centre, but at SGC they are doing a deal at the moment for a free pair of minox binos with the rifle scope.

Based on the above i'd be tempted to go the the SGC deal but on another thread I have been informed that SGC are not a very good company to deal with. I have no experience of them myself so anyone able to set my mind at rest?

Also anyone seen duralyt cheaper than the above price??

Thanks for any help
    Mike
    The Minox binoculars they are offering FOC are excellent. I would go with SGC. I have never had any problems with them but I have always dealt face to face.

Funnily enough I will be popping into the Exeter shop tomorrow whilst on my travels for work.

Cheers

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by r.atkinson View Post
    The Minox binoculars they are offering FOC are excellent. I would go with SGC. I have never had any problems with them but I have always dealt face to face.

Funnily enough I will be popping into the Exeter shop tomorrow whilst on my travels for work.

Cheers

Ross
    Thanks for the reply Ross, good to hear they have some satisfied customers on here.
    All the best,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ross, good to hear they have some satisfied customers on here.
    All the best,
    Mike
    They also had Prvi ammo in when no other gun shop I tried had any whatsoever!! I must have called 20 shops to get 100 grain 243 ammo and SGC were the only ones that could help.

So they have been OK in my experience.

Cheers

Ross

have a look on swillington shooting supplies. I have dealt with SGC which was fine. I found a deal on the web but as it was a rifle drove down as a day out only to find at the end of it all they didn't give me the deal price in store but the normal price. As I bought a fair bit of stuff fo r myself and a friend I didn't spot this until later but they refunded the difference so seem ok to me. Swillington also very good. ATB

Hi mate uttings were doing 10% off optics over 500 with voucher code optics10 not sure if it's still on but they do it regularly from Friday to monday

Bought my Sako 85 .308 from them which was shipped to my local RFD - no problems;
    Bought my reloading starter kit and dies - very prompt delivery and no problems;
    Bought some other reloading bits - some out-of-stock but communication excellent, still waiting on some of the items.

In my opinion, they are no worse or better than any other on-line shooting supplier, with the exception of Uttings. Uttings always have it in stock and deliver to Aberdeenshire from Norwich next day! I have used 4 other on-line retailers and they have all had issues with out-of-stock items, one particular supplier only having delivered a scope cover 2 days ago that was ordered on 11th May, the other half of the scope cover pair not due until August!

You can't really blame any of them for keeping low stock per se, as it is considerable working capital tied up.

I would use them again provided the pricing is competitive.

Go for the free bino option - if you don't like them you can eBay them and get 100+ for them - giving you a 600 scope for 498 effectively. Simple answer I think - think I may do this myself...