Swarovski SLP-E scope flip-up cover - finally arrived

Virbius

Finally, after ordering on 11th May, the eyepiece Swarovski flip-cover has arrived :D, objective flip cover due to arrive in August :(.
The quality is superb, as you would expect from Swarovski - and at the price! No real point in fitting until the objective cover arrives, but first impressions are very good and they certainly appear far, far superior to the much cheaper alternatives.

View attachment 17608View attachment 17609

Not familiar with the Leupold design. Surely a poor attempt at copying means it is actually a new design?

Finally, after ordering on 11th May, the eyepiece Swarovski flip-cover has arrived :D, objective flip cover due to arrive in August :(.
The quality is superb, as you would expect from Swarovski - and at the price! No real point in fitting until the objective cover arrives, but first impressions are very good and they certainly appear far, far superior to the much cheaper alternatives.

View attachment 17608View attachment 17609

Cheers for the pics, good to see them in the flesh, I could probably have bought a pair of these with the money I've wasted on Butler Creeks in the past!!

Looking at the second pic, I presume its simply clamped to the scope via the set screw?

Rb

The big question on everyone's lips is: will they fit an 8X56 S&B so we can get rid of the butler creek disasters for ever?

Does it screw into the objective lens filter thread or slide over the outside of the objective bell?

Not sure JabaliH - only received the eyepiece cover so far, but from what I can make out from the universal instructions I'd say it screws onto the filter thread.

I would be curious to find out what the Customer Service is like on these? If it's as good as the optics CS, I'd get a pair. The thought of buying a set then snapping the Barstewards on the first outing would just hack me right off!!!

TJ

I would be curious to find out what the Customer Service is like on these? If it's as good as the optics CS, I'd get a pair. The thought of buying a set then snapping the Barstewards on the first outing would just hack me right off!!!

TJ

Yes agree, they do have a reputation to uphold of good customer service. Once I get the obj cover I'll put some operational feedback on here. Certainly the design and construction is much stronger than BCs and the cover flips open to lay against the side of the scope unike the BC which sits perpendicular. Also, unlike the BCs, I don't think the covers will be as suceptible to opening up inadvertantly when brushed against clothing as the force required to open the Swarovski covers needs a more positive action.

I have just had the objective cover turn up and have fitted them both to my rifle and I have to say there is no comparison with any of the other brands, these are designed for the scope and flip open with ease and seem robust.

I just wish they fitted them at the factory to every new scope :D

I have a pv 3-13 x 50 swarovski scope (three in fact) and have just taken delivery of a pair of the new swarovski covers. The objective 50mm cover fits great, however, the eye piece cover is too large, i have looked on the swarovski web site and it seems that theres no cover listed for this scope. I understand that my scope is not the current model but has many years of life left. I have emailed swarovski direct this evening to address this problem and will be contacting bushwear tomorrow who supplied me with the set stating that the eye cover does fit this scope. Has anyone else off this site had a similar problem? I paid over £120 for the set and not very happy at the moment. I do hope that swarovski will be able to rectify this situation.
regards
Tony

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your interest. I feel that the problem is with swarovski, I have spent over £2500 on the three scopes and it seems that swarovski are making the eye piece only for their current models. There are many thousands of us out there that dont have the "in vouge scope" but feel they should produce covers for ALL their models.
regards
Tony

Back