Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Moderators

im trying to clean two moderators at the moment but can't seem to get them apart, does anyone have any hints or tips on getting them apart or do i just need to eat a few more wheatabix??

Wildcat recommend soaking Predator mods in hot water, only tried it once but it worked

I have always found that leaving them immersed in something like diesel overnight has the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Wildcat recommend soaking Predator mods in hot water, only tried it once but it worked
    Wildcat stopped recomending stripdown

put it like this, how much times do u clean your car exhaust? never so why should you clean your mod? there is no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    put it like this, how much times do u clean your car exhaust? never so why should you clean your mod? there is no need to.
    I beg to differ on my .222 the grouping went from clover leaf to 1" plus groups which baffled me for a while then i held the T8 mod upto the light and looked through it and there was carbon whiskers in evidence so 30 cal wire brush clean out and BINGO clover leaf group again.

Jimbo

I had the same problem with a wildcat mod so i clamped it in vice with just enough pressure to stop it turning wrapped in cardboard then applied wd 40 to join and then wrapped free end in cardboard and used pipe wrench to free it. cleaned it by soaking and scrubbing in soapy water.

why would u seriously use water on it? that is crazy, some wd40 i can understand but water? baffles me. well they are exactly the same as a car exhaust and u never clean them. cant say i have ever cleaned mine in 5 years and they have gave me no problem.

Just buy a jim baker marauder moderators
    It is made of stainless steel and is a sealed unit consisting of a series of welded baffles forward of the muzzle, with a large rear expansion chamber that sits over the barrel its powder coating on the out side , the best part it will not rust out , will not need cleaning and jim said the more you use it the quieter it will get.
    Jim Baker Tel: (Mobile) 07733 043823
    http://www.jimbakerbulletsnguns.co.uk
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markws80 View Post
    Just buy a jim baker marauder moderators
    It is made of stainless steel and is a sealed unit consisting of a series of welded baffles forward of the muzzle, with a large rear expansion chamber that sits over the barrel its powder coating on the out side , the best part it will not rust out , will not need cleaning and jim said the more you use it the quieter it will get.
    Jim Baker Tel: (Mobile) 07733 043823
    http://www.jimbakerbulletsnguns.co.uk
    Mark

It won't rust but it will corrode and faster than steel too you only have to see how much quicker a SS barrel with a mod left on corrodes than a crome Molly barrel does.